Toronto Treviso Condos | 91.13m | 24s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

Show me one design on this building that brings back memories of italy?...looks like a typical cookie cutter condo like the ones at Shep and Allen Rd...

maybe but i love the brick in comparison to glass... Hoping for more projects like this and gremercy park in the area with the lawrence heights revitalization project... Dufferin is going to see major development. Its ideal for a streetcar route. Maybe when the whole corridor is redone in 20 years we will see people coming on board and demanding it.

Crappy cellphone shot from far away. It looks more impressive up close.

2013_12_19_10_32_06.jpg

maybe but i love the brick in comparison to glass... Hoping for more projects like this and gremercy park in the area with the lawrence heights revitalization project... Dufferin is going to see major development. Its ideal for a streetcar route. Maybe when the whole corridor is redone in 20 years we will see people coming on board and demanding it.

I didn't say anything about glass I just mentioned that the builder marketed as "memories of italy" and I been to italy a few times and the design has no connection at all with italian building design.

I didn't say anything about glass I just mentioned that the builder marketed as "memories of italy" and I been to italy a few times and the design has no connection at all with italian building design.

Agreed, Im just looking at the positives plus its marketing and based on the renders it never looked Italian to begin with... Just because a hot woman on a Vespa is there doesn't make the actual building look more Italian.

I wonder if people back in the late sixties stressed over the marketing of suburban towers in the park as South American resort cities.

I wonder if people back in the late sixties stressed over the marketing of suburban towers in the park as South American resort cities.

this is not a suburban towers in the park building... it is on a major intersection and the building is built right up to the side walk.. You might not have meant it but that was a bit of a insult to this project.

My point lies with people obsessing about the marketing of projects. In the grand scheme of things, it's of little importance yet has made things interesting over the decades despite the identifier having little bearing on the product.

Thanks drum for these pictures and the station condos pictures. These suburban developments don't get much attention on here but it seems that a good part of future development will be big box stores or parking lots being repurposed. No idea how dufferin will work in the future with all the proposals in the area such as dream condos and the whole block on the north west corner of dufferin (NOT Treviso) and the South East corner of Wilson and dufferin.

There are about 80 photos up on my site that I shot on Nov 23.

This project miss the mark by 10,000 miles and doesn't even come close to represent Italy.
15864845875_7cd59903bd_b.jpg

15864216972_c293fce5ba_b.jpg

15864874385_14ca3744c6_b.jpg

15864890855_c5827f8d7c_b.jpg

15242618794_07ae06fb7e_b.jpg

15677377948_65931eeee8_b.jpg

Thanks for shooting that drum, it's been a loooooooong time since we've had an update here!

I don't think they claimed that Treviso would look Italian, (it's turing out pretty true to the renderings, buyers knew what they were getting), only that it would try to replicate Italian lifestyle in a condo setting, which includes those extra-deep balconies with the planters which are meant to emulate garden porches. Amenities will include a bocci court, etc.

Back