Toronto The Mercer | 111.55m | 33s | Beaverhall | BBB

City Planning Final Report

Another downtown surface parking lot eliminated ~ :D

To be considered by Toronto & East York Community Council on October 13, 2009:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-23831.pdf

This application proposes to construct a 33 storey (111.6 metres) mixed use building consisting of a five storey podium along the Mercer Street and John Street frontages and a tower on the east portion of the site at 60 John Street and 12-18 Mercer Street, containing approximately 337 residential units. The proposal replaces a commercial surface parking lot and 4-storey office building with a residential condominium.

This report reviews and recommends approval of the application to amend the Zoning By-law.

I spoke to one of the construction guys and was told that they are in the process of constructing the sales office. I work right next to this parking lot so I'll provide photos and updates up until my building is torn down. :(

Anyway, the second photo was from yesterday. It shows firemen trying to put out a small fire on the roof of Aroma.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 461
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 457
this project now has a name (8 Mercer) + developers (Graywood + Beaverhall) identified~

Winick Realty to sell Graywood Developments & Beaverhall Homes' 33-storey, 337 unit "8 Mercer" project at Mercer & John: www.8mercer.com/
38 minutes ago from web

source: Urbanation's twitter site

8 Mercer (Graywood + Beaverhall, 33s, BBB Architects)

Last edited by a moderator:
Renderings and pricing revealed...

8 Mercer Details, Map

Address: 8 Mercer St.
Neighbourhood / City: Theatre District
Type: new condominium
Estimated completion : Unknown
Price range: from $ 350,900 to $ 1,686,900
Selling status: Registration Phase
Total units: 337 units
Number of storeys: 33 storeys
Unit sizes (s.f.): from 519 s.f. to 1786 s.f.

Attachments

• 8 mercer.JPG
    8 mercer.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 392
Disappointing news regarding that old warehouse. Seeing as it's being taken down, will this project extend into the small parking lot on the west side of the building being removed? It'd be an even bigger shame to take it down and then leave that gap as well, though it's a pity that they can't integrate the existing building into the project.

Another building of middling architectural quality which still has the potential, given the use of premium materials, to be one of the best in the city, but which will retain its pre-built status on the sad reality that said materials will most likely not be used. Too bad we fellate developers to the point where they can promise Maastricht and deliver post-1995 Grozny...

Another building of middling architectural quality which still has the potential, given the use of premium materials, to be one of the best in the city, but which will retain its pre-built status on the sad reality that said materials will most likely not be used. Too bad we fellate developers to the point where they can promise Maastricht and deliver post-1995 Grozny...

I'm just curious. What projects in this city do you like?

subtract the wrap around balconies on the upper levels (just leave the balconies as the lower floors are), and I think you have a winner.

Winick Realty to sell Graywood Developments & Beaverhall Homes' 33-storey, 337 unit "8 Mercer" project at Mercer & John: 8 Mercer (Graywood + Beaverhall, 33s, BBB Architects)

Thanks Solaris, was just wondering who was going to do their sales...

Back