Toronto The Mercer | 111.55m | 33s | Beaverhall | BBB

42 ... did you intend to quote someone else when you posted the above comment? (you quoted my comment, but it looks like you were responding to one of the earlier posts about which stretch of John might best be shut down).

Cabeman - rereading my reply to you, I don't know exactly what I thought I was responding to at that moment. I understand what you're saying, which is a different point than whatever I addressed in my reply (and I agree with your potential purchaser perspective) but I wonder now if I had skimmed it too quickly and constructed something else in it that's not actually there. So, sorry about that - it looks like speed reading through posts can result in the occasional mishap.

Cabeman - rereading my reply to you, I don't know exactly what I thought I was responding to at that moment. I understand what you're saying, which is a different point than whatever I addressed in my reply (and I agree with your potential purchaser perspective) but I wonder now if I had skimmed it too quickly and constructed something else in it that's not actually there. So, sorry about that - it looks like speed reading through posts can result in the occasional mishap.

Cheers; just wanted to ask, had me a bit puzzled.

A few notes from last night.

-Greywood Developments
-38s, 126m/413ft.
-21,500 sf site - 82 by 26m
-Wanted to transform Mercer into a pedestrian muse - lessen the 'alley' effect so the entrance will be on Mercer along with a large retail space
-Various street improvements are planned including widening the sidewalks and lining the street with trees
-364 units
-222 parking spaces (6 floors underground)
-325 bike spaces!
-9000sf outdoor amenity area on podium roof
-5 s podium, mainly brick and glass
-First floor retail spaces are 5.5m (26 ft) high
-Tower is set back 1.5 m from podium
- Looks like a mixture of elements from 18 Yorkville, Radio City and Boutique.

By you throwing Boutique into the mix with 18 Yorkville and Radio City, you're saying Clewes-like, but not (as good as) Clewes?

A couple other notes:
-3 meter setback from John Street to create wider sidewalks and an opportunity for a cafe and a 1.5 meter sidewalk setback on Mercer. Adam Vaughan suggested that the sidewalks on Mercer may be widened eventually with special lighting installed to creat a unique street environment.
- primarily brick podium and glass tower
- 375,000 gfa
- BBP Architects
- podium to contain flexible live/work units above the retail at grade portion
- Green roof on podium
- preliminary report will go to community council on July 7
- public art component will face John Street.

A couple other notes:
-3 meter setback from John Street to create wider sidewalks and an opportunity for a cafe and a 1.5 meter sidewalk setback on Nelson. Adam Vaughan suggested that the sidewalks on Nelson may be widened eventually with special lighting installed to create a unique street environment.

Still on the ball today: Mike - you mean sidewalks on Mercer to be widened right? You certainly folded my mental map of the city in strange ways with 'Nelson' in there.

PS - BBP Architects - from Australia??????

^ Thanks for the street fixer. I meant Mercer.

re: BBP - I'm not 100% sure, that's what I thought I heard - their website only shows Australian projects, so I could be wrong.

Thanks for posting Alvin.

I wish there was more setback from John above the podium, but aside from that it looks really good, especially the podium. Granted, it's preliminary elevations attached in the report

From Adam Vaughan's Flickr stream:

3427900108_447f8a2e20_o.jpg

Looks vaguely Dutch.

I count 31 storeys in that render, down from 38 storeys according to the earlier information.

Back