Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

The facade will make more sense once the glass balcony guards are up. The surface of the balcony guards will be almost co-planar with the glass below to good effect.

Best change on this building was switching from light mullions in the renders to the darker ones here. Instant class.

Conversely, the opposite happened on One Bedford- dark mullions in the renders, light ones in reality- which doesn't quite work.

I wish the dark mullions were carried inside to the units... A sharper look imo. I'm just nitpicking.

This
25stafford1br-76And8more.jpg

versus this
75-Portland-322-SM-01.jpg

I'm with you kingeast. I'm still going to look into enameling the mullions a flat very dark grey.

I'll keep that in mind.

I walked by the site yesterday and there seems to be a lot of work going on along the ground level. They have about 2-3 weeks to get it ready for PDI's and then another week or so for occupancy. Guess we'll see. I can see a two week delay on the horizon.

They've added for lack of better word a facade around entrance and below first condo windows.

They've added for lack of better word a facade around entrance and below first condo windows.

It's capless curtainwall similar to the ground floor of the Tiff building or the bulthaup showroom a block west. It has no mullion projections dividing the glass, just sheets of glass separated by thin black lines. Slick.

A little birdie told me 1 of the 3 retail units has been confirmed to be a spa. Another one is a furniture store (not confirmed but it looks like it's going to happen. The larger unit is still vacant.

The occupancy dates appear to be rock solid.

There's also a bunch of glass on site..I'm assuming it's for the retail units.

A spa is not the worst thing that copuld happen to this corner, but I'm surprised the space is big enought. Maybe they are taking some of the interconnected rooms in the back in addition to the main storefront space. Two spas opening up in an area that to some was a few years ago was considered untouchable. Here's to gentrification.
A good independent bakery/cafe on the corner would round things out nicely.

Last edited:
Certainly one of my favorite new condo buildings going up in the city. Always enjoy driving by and seeing the construction of this one. So just a few weeks and people move in? Congrats to those who purchased here...can't get much closer to the streetcar, that's for sure haha! A great addition to the neighbourhood. Love, love, love the red brick and black window mullions. I enjoyed the canyon, too, and a little sad to see it go...but its hard to sell architecture in this city and that potential vacant space is valuable real estate for Mr. Lamb :)

Back