Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

From today, taken from inside a car at a succession of red lights:

g39c7.jpg

EpnS3.jpg

8JrCQ.jpg

Just got back from taking today's pictures and there was traffic commotion bunch cops everywhere when I noticed they were taking items off the roof. I decided to ask wth was going on and one of workers told me that crane is coming down on sunday. So if you want to watch/see that you can from 5am to midnight. I doubt it will take that long.
Also windows are up to 10th floor where the canyon was and this was at 5:45 pm today.

Today's pictures.

Last edited:
Nice project but a few details bug me. Like the setback with the balconies. Practical I know, but I'd love to see the red brick spandrel continue vertically up the King facade. The top is also rather weak--make a statement that ties everything together please!

The 1994 model Dodge Ram in the photo also reminds me that in about 10 years, this model will be the hipster's truck of choice. A good collectors item!

So your aesthetic sensibilities are offended by the building setback with the balconies but you like dodge ram pickup. Gotcha,.. next...!

I'm disappointed with the poor resolution of the white-framed projecting box-end over Parliament St.. It looks like someone messed up the shop drawings and got away with it.

Last edited:
You've got to get over the fact the vehicle is a truck. It's an industrial design classic, along with the Nissan Hardbody in the same photo. All the other vehicles in that shot are rubbish. So we'll say this building is a RAM, while MoZo down the street is a hardbody.

(I appreciate all kinds of good design, from cars, tractors, trucks to yes, condos.:))

I appreciate all kinds of good design as well, but I agree with David Byrne when he said that the last beautiful American car was designed in the 1960's.

Fantastic pictures and updates! Any chance of some pictures from the opposite side of the building (north facing units)? Haven't seen what the progress looks from that side since they began installing windows.

I've posted some of the pics in my previous albums of all sides of the building. I will be taking more pics on Friday so I'll do walk around and post them here.

Back