Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

Now that is a nice looking building. Imagine what Liberty Village would look like today, if it was full of buildings that looked like this and had these great retail spaces, along the street. Where was Lamb, when we needed him? lol

Pictures taken 3 November 2012

IMG_1342_1-L.jpg

IMG_1343_1-L.jpg

In a neighbourhood development, Urban Amish is moving from their spot next door on Parliament to the old Dinetz location on King.

The cladding on the West side is HORRIBLE. I really hope that's not final. It really ruins this building for me. I think continuing the brick would have looked much better instead of adding a new material with fake windows.

You mean the black stucco? I hate it. Those are not fake windows...they're design motifs and they were a part of the original rendering. The orgiinal rendering did have brick, though. I wish they continued with the brick.

You mean the black stucco? I hate it. Those are not fake windows...they're design motifs and they were a part of the original rendering. The orgiinal rendering did have brick, though. I wish they continued with the brick.

Bingo! Thanks for the detail. Personally it ruins the building for me when I am looking at it towards the East. I sure it would have not cost that much more to finish the brick properly. Maybe we will be lucky and the developer will have a change of heart or is not finished.

I don't think that it matters considering that you won't see that side once those one storey buildings in the foreground get replaced.

I don't think that it matters considering that you won't see that side once those one storey buildings in the foreground get replaced.

Really? Something is scheduled to go up there soon? With the condo market slowdown it will be 5-10 years before anything covers that horrible wall. Embarrassing for Brad Lamb.

Taken November 24, 2012:

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

In the above photo, notice the bottom right corner where work continues at the rear of 399 King St. East (Little Trinity Church outbuildings restoration). Below is a closeup of the rear of 399 King St. E.

IMG_0598.jpg

Closeups on the south building elevations:

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

Back