Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

We just had realistic expectations. There was no way you were going to be satisfied. It’s a Reno. It isn’t a whole new ball park.

My expectations were never that high because there's only so much you can do with the place. I just find it amusing that by putting in some darker seats and angling them differently people are so blown away. Phase 1/outfield renos made a huge difference IMO. I think the outfield wall could have been shaped a bit better but still 100 times better then what is was.

Anyway, looks like that's it for the renos from a fans perspective so not much else to scrutinize. All that's left is the stuff we won't see underneath for the players from what I understand.

Last edited:
I just find it amusing that by putting in some darker seats and angling them differently people are so blown away.

I don't think anyone is "blown away", just impressed by the scale of the renovations as a whole. The issue is you keep downplaying it as if very little has changed, when that's just not true.

blue-jays-before-after-1024x327.jpg

The left field now reaches up to the second level. As someone who has the misfortune of watching the game from the corner stands, this is going to be a big difference. The dimensions of the field have changed. This is a lot more than they "made the seats darker".

The stadium has come along way from when it started

Skydome_-_Behind_The_Net_V2T.jpg

Alas, my fondest Blue Jays memories are from that early Skydome period. (And I'm sure I'm not the only one...)
What you’re really saying is championship level teams make the stadium feels better than any Reno and I would agree. I’d much rather the money being put into getting the jays over the top. I guess championships can’t be guaranteed with money but Reno’s can be.

What you’re really saying is championship level teams make the stadium feels better than any Reno and I would agree. I’d much rather the money being put into getting the jays over the top. I guess championships can’t be guaranteed with money but Reno’s can be.
I wonder if improving the facilities, which I believe includes amenities for players, will make it easier to attract free agents/players on trade

Reactions: max
Seeing those pictures from reddit really shows how closer those seats are now to the diamond. What a difference a year makes. It's night and day.

Alas, my fondest Blue Jays memories are from that early Skydome period. (And I'm sure I'm not the only one...)

I've seen several games in the Skydome, but haven't watched any (live or televised) since the player strike. So I guess I strongly agree.

Reactions: max
The colour commentary is almost fitting for WWE wrestling than baseball here. To be fair though, the WWE does use the Roger's Dome on the occasion... <3

The colour commentary is almost fitting for WWE wrestling than baseball here. To be fair though, the WWE does use the Roger's Dome on the occasion... <3
I was at Wrestlemania 18 way back in 2002. The last time WWE hosted an event there. Great times! Granted I was 12.

The new update especially the upper deck bars would be a rowdy place with a WWE crowd. Bring it back!

Can't wait to see it done... going April 9 vs. Seattle to check it out. Last year's renos were all about not watching the game. The new bars and food options were great, but felt like it was all for people who weren't there to watch the game. This year with the focus on seats and view of the game, baseball fans will get their turn to appreciate the big reno. Kudos to the Jays for a job well done.

Just so you all know, 31 posts from this thread have been deleted, and one of our members is now on spring training for a while for the frequent, repetitive nature of his posts that constitute trolling. I don't want to see any gloating over that in here, or those members will be sitting out for a while too.

Back