Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Those fans sitting down in the left field corner are going to have to watch out for those liners. Wonder if they plan on putting netting up.

Was at the Sportsnet Grill a little past noon today and took this photo:

View attachment 540681
I positive that Shapiro talked about having a space for the team to honour its history (aka. A Blue Jays Hall of Fame/Museum). Could that space underneath the RF corner be where a Jays HOF/Museum will be???

I somehow missed this post, but that would be pretty cool.

If I have a criticism of the renovations, it's that it doesn't look as warm and bright as it did in the renderings.
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F16066147-87c6-487e-bb8e-5bfdf03b3d5d_1224x879.png

Skydome-1967.jpg

I'm not sure why they left the bullpen patio grey, it kind of stands out, but in a bad way. I also wish there were more baby blue accents on some of the panelling like in the render. And I really hope they haven't decided against the screen in right field just so they can keep the Rogers logo intact. That would be really misguided.

Reactions: JBR
To be fair, it's a rendering for a reason.

Also , everything has to be approved as well. So maybe things changed ?

Screenshot 2024-02-17 6.02.29 PM.png

Looks like the 3 premium clubs have their corporate overlords/sponsors picked out. The Batting Tunnel Club (Blue Jays Dugout) is now Rogers Banner Club. TD Lounge is the Home Plate Club (Self explanatory) & The Lounge (Visitors Dugout) is now the Blueprint Club.

Blueprint Club I assume is being sponsored by Blueprint ADE, a non-profit research organization.

Found this when browsing through the renovation website that the Jays have. I assume that there will be an email blast next week announcing the corporate naming and potential/hopefully sharing photos of the construction underneath the stands of the clubs.

Also going through the FAQ on the website, could't help but notice this:
Screenshot 2024-02-17 6.20.26 PM.png

Could this mean that the Clubs won't be ready for April 8th Home Opener 🧐

Anyone who says this phase of the upgrade is really impactful from an aesthetics stand point is being dishonest or naive. It's marginally better. I'm sure the in-game experience is much better but just from an aesthetics point of view it's really not a game changer.

Anyone who says this phase of the upgrade is really impactful from an aesthetics stand point is being dishonest or naive. It's marginally better. I'm sure the in-game experience is much better but just from an aesthetics point of view it's really not a game changer.
Rest assured, your "lipstick on a pig position," is safely on record so don't feel obligated to keep restating it every time there's a new picture etc.

As for the specifics of this comment.. Ok, dude. The corners look totally hugely different. The curvature of the 100 level is completely replaced by an angled front row of seats. The row configuration of the entire infield section looks different. The colour of the dammed seats is several shades darker. The rake of the rows is noticeably different. There are new, field-level accessible seats down the right field line. The double-rail that ran directly behind home plate is gone so there are seats there instead of an aisle. And between that and the removal of the "in the action" seats, the backstop will look completely different on TV.

But yes, aside from those "aesthetics" I cannot deny the impact is pretty negligible. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As someone who goes to about 10-15 games a year, the outfield renos made a massive aesthetic difference. Watching a game out there feels completely unlike the previous iteration of the Dome. A lot less heralded, but the improved fake turf and new infield cut out (done a few years ago) has made a massive aesthetic difference too. The Skydome isn't a top tier ballpark, and I'd be fine with the idea a new stadium if they ever get around to it, but it's been vastly improved aesthetically over the past ten years or so. These renos bought them some time, for sure.

Rest assured, your "lipstick on a pig position," is safely on record so don't feel obligated to keep restating it every time there's a new picture etc.

or don't you worry, I will. Just getting a little tiresome of everyone else saying "OMG, what an amazing reno. It's like a totally different stadium!!" I need to keep you guys in check about how ridiculous your being.

Last edited:
As someone who goes to about 10-15 games a year, the outfield renos made a massive aesthetic difference. Watching a game out there feels completely unlike the previous iteration of the Dome. A lot less heralded, but the improved fake turf and new infield cut out (done a few years ago) has made a massive aesthetic difference too. The Skydome isn't a top tier ballpark, and I'd be fine with the idea a new stadium if they ever get around to it, but it's been vastly improved aesthetically over the past ten years or so. These renos bought them some time, for sure.

yes phase one was very impactful. It made a huge difference. Won't get an argument out of me there. Phase 2 is a different ball of wax altogether.

or don't you worry, I will. Just getting a little tiresome of everyone else saying "OMG, what an amazing reno. It's like a totally different stadium!!" I need to keep you guys in check about how ridiculous your being.
We just had realistic expectations. There was no way you were going to be satisfied. It’s a Reno. It isn’t a whole new ball park.

Back