Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

I really don’t know how people live in this type of unit. It’s an example of pure greed on the part of the developer.

The size of the unit has nothing whatsoever to do with "greed" - the psf would be relatively the same for a larger unit or an even smaller unit, except the smaller unit has more applicances and costs for the developer. The size of the unit is a function of what the market is demanding, which is why the developer is constructing units of that size. If anything the developer would make more money with larger units if that was where the market demand was.

Mike, you are nothing less than relentless (not rentless) in your attempts to educate the great unwashed, spamming, screamers about prophets (I mean profits).

Not sure they will ever get your point (some of us do of course). Hang in there. Love your posts. ;-)

Last edited:
Actually there is no "tub" in this plan, just a shower stall - you need 5 feet to put a tub in - and the bedroom is so small they don’t dare to show a bed in it because it would look ridiculous, they can’t even put a "swinging" door on the bedroom because it would'nt be able to open. .............And where do you put your winter stuff in the summer??? I really don’t know how people live in this type of unit. It’s an example of pure greed on the part of the developer.

Just get creative. Not everyone needs an enormous space to live. Also, think about the future tenants here - doesn't seem like the kind of place which large families would look prospectively at, does it?

Also, to Solaris, how did you manage to get pictures in there? When I went, they seemed militantly against the idea.

A shot from my window. At Gardiner Expressway level now.

Attachments

• Cityplace Panorama.JPG
    Cityplace Panorama.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 337
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's just the relative remoteness of this one when compared to the other CityPlace towers. This one will be tall enough to warrant attention, and it'll be pretty interesting as it continues to rise right beside the Gardiner.

I think it's just the relative remoteness of this one when compared to the other CityPlace towers. This one will be tall enough to warrant attention, and it'll be pretty interesting as it continues to rise right beside the Gardiner.

Actually now that I think about it, most buildings around this one don't really get much attention.

^^That's true, and it's a shame. It's the most dense construction activity in a small area and the building design is not shabby.

I shall take it upon myself, and snap updates once in a while. :)

By the way, I feel sorry for the ones who bought units facing the bright Air Canada ad sign. It's BRIGHT at night; I know it affects even people living at WestOne on the lower floors somewhat, and they're like 300 meters away!

Last edited:
The back of Panorama.

FEB9-09041.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/torontovibe/FEB9-09041.jpg[/IMG)

[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/torontovibe/FEB9-09042.jpg

FEB9-09043.jpg

FEB9-09035.jpg

FEB9-09033.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, this will really be something when all is said and done. I love those rounded corners! Thanks for the update Torontovibe!

Give it half a dozen years or so, and Lake Shore/Fleet from Dan Leckie Way to Strachan will be a different stretch entirely. From Panorama through whatever happens to the Loblaws warehouse, to Mailbu, West Harbour City, June Callwood Park, WaterParkCity, and Quay West south of Tip Top, we'll have a huge number of new residents down here. It won't ever be a traditional bay-and-gable Toronto neighbourhood of course, but it should be so much more inviting than it ever was before. Give it a full decade for street level retail to shake out - it'll be very interesting to to see how this area shapes up.

And I'm particularly interested to see what is done under the Gardiner at Panorama.

Back