Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

I know this has been said, but this building is really shoehorned in there! I'm looking forward to seeing its relationship with the gardiner as it rises.

I just drove by Panorama and I would describe its relationship to the Gardiner as "intimate" (10 feet)... only surpassed by Park Lane whose relationship is perhaps a little too intimate (welded to the expressway).

That's an old Loblaws warehouse and their plans to add to it and condominionise it were rejected several years ago. It still belongs to them, I think, and thus forms part of their non-performing real estate assets like Maple Leaf Gardens.

Hmmm, I wonder if the proposal would work now considering Panorama right next door has set a precedent with a 28s tower on such a tight site.

Wasn't there speculation on that building being turned into a Loblaws? A supermarket in that neighborhood would be an asset.

The sign outside the building says that Loblaws has applied to turn it into a store. Its right next to the sign that said they wanted to turn it into residential.

^^So what does this mean for the daily bread building? I was under the impression that it is/was a heritage property? IF this ends up going the direction I fear it might, that being the way of retaining a facade or two and planting an unsightly tower within it, we should be very wary of this transaction..That said, I wonder if Loblaws felt after all these years that it was just not viable - given their share price and slow sales the last few quarters..?

p5

It is as far as I'm aware so no worry about it going away completely.

Not sure ... a tower in it might not be so terrible if done right.

28 February 2009 photo update

Rumour has it, Urbandreamer likes the black brick on Panorama:

dsc02057.jpg

Oh wow ... X3

The cars should have a nice view of it passing by on their way into work ;)

A few more buildings like that would go a long way to just sort of making the Gardiner disappear.

Back