Toronto Paintbox | ?m | 26s | Daniels | Diamond Schmitt

Noticed a sign in the window of the building at 230 Sackville last night that there would be a 2-level community health centre in the building on the first two floors.

230 Sackville as seen yesterday: (mods please move if necessary)

kq5MXJ5.jpg

1baqM5V.jpg

k3VlV4p.jpg

r9cCB1P.jpg

The use of texture through the varied cladding is far above average. Brick, glass, spandrels, and mullion placements are all used with finesse for an outstanding building.

It's a Wallman. Title update?

The thread is a bit of a catch-all for Regent Park phase II projects and aspects. We have no renderings of this TCHC building (despite requesting them), and therefore no dataBase page, and it's a bit late to separate the posts into different threads, so I'm not sure there's very much I can do with the thread title to be helpful. Sorry!

If the grey on this building was black, it would have looked much better. I like the reddish cladding. It's still pretty good for a TCHC building. It's going to provide 3 retail spaces along Dundas, so that's a good thing, as long as it's not another bank, nail salon or Subway.

Last edited:
The thread is a bit of a catch-all for Regent Park phase II projects and aspects. We have no renderings of this TCHC building (despite requesting them), and therefore no dataBase page, and it's a bit late to separate the posts into different threads, so I'm not sure there's very much I can do with the thread title to be helpful. Sorry!

Absolutely understandable. Thanks for the clarification I42.

The Central Park is beginning to take shape; I wonder if it will be big enough to play cricket on? And while making my first circumnavigation of it I discovered the original Regent Park Pool to the north and thought that it deserved a little exposure before it's imminent demise.

IMG_4800_1-L.jpg

IMG_4814_1-L.jpg

IMG_4816_1-L.jpg

IMG_4827_1-L.jpg

IMG_4803_1-L.jpg

IMG_4806_1-L.jpg

IMG_4809_1-L.jpg

IMG_4810_1-L.jpg

IMG_4813_1-L.jpg

There will be a cricket field as part of the open space in Phase 3 - there is just open space planned for this park

urbantoronto-1555-4641.jpg

Phase 3 park

regentpark3b.jpg

Looks like another building underway. Been installing shoring for the last few days

MzdIxP1.jpg

Yes - they've been putting in new sidewalks as they go along

Back