Toronto Paintbox | ?m | 26s | Daniels | Diamond Schmitt

4pzg3c.jpg

I have tried to convey, albiet not well, the size of the more urban public space going in between the larger green spaces that are ordering the rebuilt district.

IMG_3668_1-XL.jpg

Great light, terrific tour - thanks!

I wonder of the future for St. Bart's and the other churches. The former is under Adminstrarion of the Toronto diocese for being deemed financially unsustainable.

They really better not mess around with those. I'm a big advocate of demolishing a lot of the junk that others deem "heritage" on this site, but those churches need to stay, and not via means of a facadectomy either!

While we're on the topic of churches, I really wish they would lift the one near St. James park and put it right against the corner of the intersection. It's a beautiful building, and I think more people would appreciate it that way. Yes, I know the funding issue makes this impossible. I'm just saying it would be nice.

While we're on the topic of churches, I really wish they would lift the one near St. James park and put it right against the corner of the intersection. It's a beautiful building, and I think more people would appreciate it that way. Yes, I know the funding issue makes this impossible. I'm just saying it would be nice.

Do you mean St. James Cathedral? o_O

Strikes me that they can do better things with their funds than moving the building 10 metres to the left.

Last edited:
If they were going to do something bold, they could rebuild the cathedral in a Gothic Revival style as it's not really big or impressive enough for the main cathedral of a metropolitan city of 2.6 million. However, I'd prefer a new Gothic Revival cathedral somewhere else, perhaps on a grand new public square. Alas, religion has declined and we may never see such a project.

Back