Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

The UPX will be rolled into GO RER eventually.

Weston is a dense 200 year old community in a Subway desert.

I always find the argument that somehow this location isn't worthy of a stop strange considering how little time it adds to the trip.and that future electrification will reduce this further. I'm not sure why it's even a matter of conversation.

Additionally, Weston is a cultural focal point in Toronto for many communities that would significantly benefit from direct access to the airport. Let's build a city for everyone.

The UPX will be rolled into GO RER eventually.

Weston is a dense 200 year old community in a Subway desert.

I always find the argument that somehow this location isn't worthy of a stop strange considering how little time it adds to the trip.and that future electrification will reduce this further. I'm not sure why it's even a matter of conversation.

Additionally, Weston is a cultural focal point in Toronto for many communities that would significantly benefit from direct access to the airport. Let's build a city for everyone.
I almost bought a condo at one of the new developments right across the station, doing my due diligence I was amazed at how bad transit service is! Even the roads are gridlock several hours a day. The train makes an hour + journey by bus (when you factor in the route schedule isn't 100% reliable vs a train) to less than 20 mins.

I always find the argument that somehow this location isn't worth of a stop strange considering how little time it adds to the trip.and that future electrification will reduce this further. I'm not sure why it's even a matter of conversation.
To be clear, we’re not suggesting the removal of the GO station. We’re talking about removing a stop from a train branded as an express.

When all is said and done you’re trading the UPX for 15 minute bidirectional all day service on GO. If your destination is Union then the electrified GO trains will get you there in no time. If your destination is Pearson then you hop on GO to Woodbine or Mount Dennis then onto the UPX.

That is still high quality and frequency of service relative to the traffic Weston will serve – remember Weston station is catching only the local community for the most part, no LRT/streetcar/subway transfers.

Last edited:
UP is already over capacity at times. I'd think that would get much worse with Mount Dennis until GO moves to every 15- minute service on Georgetown.

If GO frequency is at 15 minutes, does it even matter that much if the UP skips them though?
IMO it wouldnt really, but for Weston residents they'll feel like their getting shafted even with 15-min frequencies as their beloved airport access is stripped from them.

IMO it wouldnt really, but for Weston residents they'll feel like their getting shafted even with 15-min frequencies as their beloved airport access is stripped from them.

It would make their trip to the airport between 10 and 40 minutes longer.

(I estimated about 5 min to Mt Dennis), then max of 15 min wait for each train.

Unfortunately it would make trips to the Airport longer but there comes a point in time where we have to stop adding stops to the UPX. As currently planned we'll have: Union, Bloor, Mount Dennis, Weston, Woodbine, and Pearson as stops. Which is defeating the purpose of it's "express" nature.

But anyways we're going off-topic, lets focus on how badly Metrolinx will find a way to one up themselves from the Crosstown line and screw up the Ontario Line construction.

I think you mean 10–25 minutes longer, since they currently have to wait up to 15 minutes for the train to the airport too.

Uh, no it wasn't.

The groundbreaking for the project was November 9, 2011.

There was a groundbreaking ceremony for the Keelesdale station at a later date in 2016, yes, but that's not the same as groundbreaking for the whole project.

As for my point? I thought I articulated it plenty clear enough, but one more time for the people in the back: claiming that we should take the 2031 deadline for the OL seriously because "actually", the line has been in the works since 2020 and not 2022 is deliberate misrepresentation at best, propaganda at worst. Of course, it was never realistic for work to start on the line that early, as it was just the year prior that Ford had presented his back of the napkin drawings to the world in the first place. Pre-preparation work like property acquisition and utility relocation no more constitutes the start of the construction then the start of building construction being when the building that was there before was demolished. It is not fair to count that as part of the process, because you can acquire property easily and then not make any further progress on a project for years. It is only reasonable to count from when the actual project started work.

Considering the only people that so far have defended Metrolinx's timeline are those who are inclined to defend Metrolinx and the province at the slightest provocation, you'll forgive me for not feeling assured. If a neutral third party with the inside scoop would like to explain why I'm wrong, I am of course willing to listen.

still giving the 2020 date SIGH. remember the original date the ford government gave for the ontario line? 2027

again for those in the back.....the ontario line will be complete by 2031

the crosstown is 2 years delayed out of 5. and thats with both the covid and the eglinton station box adding 1 full year of delays by itself

the ttc said that 2021 is more realistic

again for those in the back.....the ontario line will be complete by 2031
Why are you making such a confident, authoritative statement on something that hasn't happened yet, and will not for 8 years? It will not be possible to walk back if you are wrong.

I am not 100% confident that Metrolinx will bungle it up, and I am open to - I welcome, in fact - being proven wrong and they deliver the project on time, even though there is zero evidence in existence at this time, except for empty conjecture, that they will. But unless you have a time machine, speaking authoritatively about facts in the future is foolhardy.

Why are you making such a confident, authoritative statement on something that hasn't happened yet, and will not for 8 years? It will not be possible to walk back if you are wrong.

I am not 100% confident that Metrolinx will bungle it up, and I am open to - I welcome, in fact - being proven wrong and they deliver the project on time, even though there is zero evidence in existence at this time, except for empty conjecture, that they will. But unless you have a time machine, speaking authoritatively about facts in the future is foolhardy.
The big issue for Eglinton Crosstown was that despite the tunelling being done very early, they didn't even award the contract to finish the station design until November 2015. How they ever thought it would open 5 years later in 2020 I don't know.

With the Ontario line, they awarded the design/construction contract for most of the stations in November 2022. So they have 8 or 9 years to get those stations built; not 5 years.

2031 is quite feasible. Though neither Pape nor Cosburn are awarded yet. Hopefully sometime in 2024 ... but Pape might be the weak point.

Back