Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

From reading each of the Ontario Line contracts drawn up on Infrastructure Ontario’s website, it looks there is no mention of the East Harbour station in any scope of work.

What’s going on there, future infill station? Maybe under wraps between ML/IO and Cadillac Fairview right now?
Odd that it would be shown in the official line map and not denoted as such - though I’m sure nobody would be missing out as there will be virtually no residents or employment there until the land is developed.

From reading each of the Ontario Line contracts drawn up on Infrastructure Ontario’s website, it looks there is no mention of the East Harbour station in any scope of work.

What’s going on there, future infill station? Maybe under wraps between ML/IO and Cadillac Fairview right now?
Odd that it would be shown in the official line map and not denoted as such - though I’m sure nobody would be missing out as there will be virtually no residents or employment there until the land is developed.
thats being built basically alongside the Go expansion/shared go corridor.
that work is being done completely separately and manage by MX not IO

I don't think Infrastructure Ontario is very involved with any of the Smart Track stations, like East Harbour.

I believe that Metrolinx included the subway station portion of East Harbour as part of the GO station - the RFP went out in 2022. https://www.metrolinx.com/en/news/full-steam-ahead-for-smarttrack-go-stations-at-east-harbour

The adjacent transit-oriented community is however being managed by IO - https://www.infrastructureontario.c...arch/east-harbour--transit-oriented-community

Edit - here's the RFP for East Harbour; it closed in June 2022 - https://www.metrolinx.merx.com/public/solicitations/2178046308/abstract

I can't find the award information for construction, but Steve Munro says it was awarded in November 2022. https://stevemunro.ca/2023/03/17/smarttrack-the-brand-that-will-not-die/

Which may explain all the construction you see there now. You should drive down Eastern Avenue!

1695958405075.png

Last edited:
Why are you making such a confident, authoritative statement on something that hasn't happened yet, and will not for 8 years? It will not be possible to walk back if you are wrong.

I am not 100% confident that Metrolinx will bungle it up, and I am open to - I welcome, in fact - being proven wrong and they deliver the project on time, even though there is zero evidence in existence at this time, except for empty conjecture, that they will. But unless you have a time machine, speaking authoritatively about facts in the future is foolhardy.
did you read what i said?

Take covid and the underpinning of line 1 away the crosstown is like 6 months delayed?

Sure we cant predict when the OL will open but the point is is that when metrolinx says the opening date is 2031 than taking away any outside factors we really should believe them

I don't think Infrastructure Ontario is very involved with any of the Smart Track stations, like East Harbour.
Huh, interesting. It’s a similar multimodal station to Exhibition so I figured it would be similarly managed, though I guess Ex is technically just an integration even though they’re moving around tracks and platforms.

Thanks for the docs!

thats being built basically alongside the Go expansion/shared go corridor.
that work is being done completely separately and manage by MX not IO
The shared corridor (and I think the other 2 subway stations) however is a separate contract from East Harbour - both are being managed by Metrolinx. To confused things further, the rest of the Lakeshore Corridor, east of Pape, is part of the Infrastructure Ontario On Corridor contract - https://www.infrastructureontario.c...search/go-rail-expansion---on-corridor-works/ I think.

So many different contracts. Offhand, I think Exhibition GO station is also a separate contract. But the subway station is part of the south stations (Exhibition to Corktown) But I'm losing track ...

And then there are multiple early works contracts. Including at Corktown and Exhibition. Perhaps they are all finished now?

Exhibition had an early works contract which I believe is what is getting constructed right now - moving utilities, building temporary pedestrian accesses, etc. but the main station building is part of the Ontario Line contract.

East Harbour is split out separately from my understanding because of Cadillac Fairview's involvement and partial funding of the station. Though with the office market the way it is, I do have to wonder how much of that will end up happening..

Sure we cant predict when the OL will open
Except you did just that - "again for those in the back.....the ontario line will be complete by 2031" is your verbatim statement.

If you want to stake your reputation on a claim like that, you are welcome to do so, but making such authoritative claims on a public forum could be classified as a form of misinformation.

Elevated Guideways Contract (IO):
  • Riverside-Leslieville
  • Gerrard
  • Thorncliffe Park
  • Flemingdon Park
  • Science Centre
Seems like this contract will be interesting to understand the prospects and potential costs of future elevated extensions. Hopefully this can be delivered at reasonable cost.

Except you did just that - "again for those in the back.....the ontario line will be complete by 2031" is your verbatim statement.

If you want to stake your reputation on a claim like that, you are welcome to do so, but making such authoritative claims on a public forum could be classified as a form of misinformation.
Read my comment dude jfc.

Take out covid and take out the dumb line 1 underpinning and eclrt is ON TIME AND ON BUDGET so when metrolinx says it will open in 2030 add some small delays due to unknown factors and we have a project again opening ontime and on budget in 2031

Read my comment dude jfc.

Take out covid and take out the dumb line 1 underpinning and eclrt is ON TIME AND ON BUDGET so when metrolinx says it will open in 2030 add some small delays due to unknown factors and we have a project again opening ontime and on budget in 2031
Isn't the project 100% over budget? But I agree with you otherwise

Isn't the project 100% over budget? But I agree with you otherwise
I posted in the crosstown thread asking for fact checking on versters statement that the original budget was in fact 12 billion. And that theyre only 600 mil over budget.

Wikipedia says the contract was signed for 9.1 in 2015 so i dont know who to believe.

I posted in the crosstown thread asking for fact checking on versters statement that the original budget was in fact 12 billion. And that theyre only 600 mil over budget.

Wikipedia says the contract was signed for 9.1 in 2015 so i dont know who to believe.

$9.1B Crosstown LRT mega-contract comes in under ...

In November 2019, Crosslinx informed Metrolinx that it expected the line not to be completed before May 6, 2022, and that the construction costs would total $12.58 billion, an increase of $330 million over previous estimates.

Back