Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

oh, I'm loving one bloor. Hope they don't mess up the cladding like Canderel did with Aura.

This project is big time, i don't expect them to drop the ball, but I want them to hit it out of the park really.

These guys have money, let's do it for Toronto.

oh, I'm loving one bloor. Hope they don't mess up the cladding like Canderel did with Aura.

There is a nil chance of that. Canderel and G+C do not come even CLOSE to Great Gulf and Hariri Pontarini in the quality of their projects.

Ugh, I hate that there's a Money Mart on the most important intersection in all of Canada.

There's a Money Mart at King & Bay?

All kidding aside, the area is changing. The Mink Mile itself has become more up scale, and I have little doubt that One Bloor itself will bring higher end retail to the south and east of the intersection. If Aura can help bring a Starbucks and a Banh Mi Boys to Yonge and Gerrard, I'm sure One Bloor can do the same at Yonge & Bloor.

There's a Money Mart at King & Bay?

All kidding aside, the area is changing. The Mink Mile itself has become more up scale, and I have little doubt that One Bloor itself will bring higher end retail to the south and east of the intersection. If Aura can help bring a Starbucks and a Banh Mi Boys to Yonge and Gerrard, I'm sure One Bloor can do the same at Yonge & Bloor.

Yeah, in the first second of the video you can see the store sign in top right hand corner. Money Mart and all those other quick loan places are truly sociopathic entities, with $20 interest acrued on $200 that is due within one month of the loan being taken, if I understand how it works properly. They are truly taking advantage of the paycheck-to-paycheck population while making a tremendous profit in the process with interest rates equating to over 100%.

A business like that doesn't belong in one of our showcase areas.

I'm directing that at middeljon who didn't seem to see that and thought that Ramako was still speaking of Yonge & Bloor.

You're right, I missed that part.

King and Bay is the most economically important for sure. It can bee argued that Yonge and Bloor has the most social significance in Toronto, not that there's any way to measure that though. Retail space there is the most expensive in the country, busiest transit station in the country, etc.

middeljohn:

And for the longest time, the site of 1 BE is occupied by a number of middle/low end retail and restaurant outlets. Bloor really isn't THAT significant east of Yonge.

AoD

They lit up the crane tonight...looks really nice.

vxhi02.jpg

Yes thank-you urbandreamer. I notice that the cement slab for the 3d floor appears twice as thick as the other floors and it seems to have extra reinforcement under it. I wonder why that is?

Back