News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.7K     3 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
1 February 2009 good-looking West Queen West retail display:

DSC01372.jpg

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

I think the Longo's will be going into the old Beddington's spot at Bloor & Park Rd. It looks like they'll re-configure the store so it has a street level entrance. Right now, you have to go up about a dozen steps to get into the store.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORONTO ON M4W 1A8

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 107976 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 9, 2009

Project: Retail Store Multiple Projects

Description: Permit for interior alterations 40m2 - Interior Demolition - 956 m2 , and installation of scissor lift and hoist to convert existing retail store to grocery store - LONGOs, Convenience address is 100 Bloor St E

Given the 10,000 square foot size of the proposed Longo's, I wonder if part of it will be in the fabric store location below, as well? I think that's a great location for a new grocery store. And it's at the subway crossroads, to boot.

UPS store @Yonge & Gloucester up for lease. Cole Haan will be moving back into 101 Bloor once the renos are finished.

It seems that Cole Haan's temporary location hasn't been used as a permanent store since Grand and Toy moved about half a block west a few years ago. Any word on whether it'll ever be a permanent home to anyone?

Just read in the Post that Bell Canada has just snapped up Circuit City. An ironic twist to this, is Circuit City carries Roger's wireless products as part of an existing agreement, so until those agreements expire, Bell will be selling Roger's products.

From the National Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"At the moment The Source has a distribution agreement with Rogers for wireless [products and services], and certainly we would replace that with Bell wireless," he said. "We will honour every agreement that's in place because there are agreements, but when those agreements expire, we will look to promote Bell products and services wherever we can."

Back