• Start date
They're taking over the world!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1Z3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 230438 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 17, 2008

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations for new Tim Horton's kiosk on 4th floor of Sears, Eaton Centre (69.05m2). Convenience address: 290 Yonge St.

Like Pages Bookstore down the street, the large magazine store next to the 360 (Queen and Spadina) is closing January 1st. Perhaps landlord issues as well (rent increases?) Sad, it was my favourite haunt in the 90's to early 2000's.

I predict Queen West becomes a ghost town in the next few years....:(

Like Pages Bookstore down the street, the large magazine store next to the 360 (Queen and Spadina) is closing January 1st. Perhaps landlord issues as well (rent increases?) Sad, it was my favourite haunt in the 90's to early 2000's.

I predict Queen West becomes a ghost town in the next few years....:(

Yes, it's already vacated. Was not well patronized, in spite of lots of foot traffic outside. Price of periodicals has gone through the roof - can't they get the advertisers to pay more? Most magazines are 1/2 ad content anyways...

Upcountry furniture / elite design furnishings

Hi all, a friend of mine in the architecture/design field was forwarded some info regarding end of line inventory from elite design furnishings.

For those who don't know, they used to supply the furniture for Upcountry.
Check out their website and get back to me ASAP.
http://www.elitedesignfurn.com/

I'm not sure how much inventory or time is left but I thought I'd put it out here. If there's anything you might be interested in, I could see if it's still available and may possibly get you a deep discount vs retail.

Happy New Year everyone !

They're taking over the world!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1Z3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 230438 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 17, 2008

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations for new Tim Horton's kiosk on 4th floor of Sears, Eaton Centre (69.05m2). Convenience address: 290 Yonge St.

The former site of The Misty Mug (just east of Best Buy/Ryerson on Dundas St.) seems to be finally seeing some construction action.

new arrivals

New Years Day edition of the Star said that British based TopShop is opening in TO soon. I have never been but the writer said this was a reason to celebrate.

I'm not sure celebrate is a word I'd use. Topshop is kinda like H&M, but a bit trashier.

New Years Day edition of the Star said that British based TopShop is opening in TO soon. I have never been but the writer said this was a reason to celebrate.

i don't think it's been mentioned yet...a steve madden store is coming to fairview in the spring.

The former site of The Misty Mug (just east of Best Buy/Ryerson on Dundas St.) seems to be finally seeing some construction action.

That's going to be the first Toronto location of a chain from the West called Joey's.

Top Shop is the woman's side of things, but the shops are usually combined together with their Top Man brand.

LOL love their underwear:

52J28TGRY_large.jpg

I loved Topman! It'd be great for them to open in Toronto! They're opening their NY flagship soon this year, I believe.

Strange to have them in The Bay stores though. I can't see someone at, say, Pickering Town Centre making it worthwhile. Maybe just their most "urban" stores.

From the Star:

A RETAIL GIANT AWAKENS

The venerable Bay as a hot shopping destination? It could easily happen with new CEO Bonnie Brooks at the helm. Brooks is predicted to inject some excitement into the old retail institution. She's done it before. Brooks is famous for putting Holt Renfrew on the map and, most recently, she turned the Hong Kong-based Lane Crawford stores into a major powerhouse in Asia. While the Bay is tight-lipped about plans, one of the more curious rumours circulating – please let it be true! – is that it will be bringing famed British fashion store Topshop into the fold. If that happens, watch for a stampede to the Bay's doors.

Last edited:

Back