71     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 230     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.2K     5 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Just opened a few days ago on Yonge just north of Bloor, next to the Starbucks. Give these guys top marks for coming up with this location.

Attachments

• pixy 369.jpg
    pixy 369.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 283
That piece of sidewalk needed something to enliven the street, and given the constraints owing to the odd height of the floor above street level, they have done a good job. Meanwhile, I will not be surprised by some potentially elaborate system of windbreaks to protect people eating on that patio.

btw it looks like they've stared putting the new lights on Yonge south of Dundas ... they already have a few up. Only on the West side of Yonge so far.

Yep, street lights ... like what they've done North Of Dundas already.

Oh, you mean the old cruddy donut place next to the seniors home. (Well, I guess that's the first Tim's within eyeshot of High Park...)

Adma, yeah, that old Greek-owned diner (it was sorta cool in a way, owners sold and retired last fall.) The place was pulled down, and the last month they've been working on the new Tim Ho's building--sadly, the "strip mall" at Keele and Bloor continues.:(

This afternoon, walking by the site I saw:

1)This gross stripmall that must go during the next real estate cycle!
DSC00066-1.jpg

2)the site next to the Lithuanian seniors home.
DSC00061-2.jpg

3)Someone's got a problem with good old Tim Horton's:
DSC00062-2.jpg

4)Looking towards urbandreamer's dreamland:
DSC00059-2.jpg

On another note, cute little brunch spot B at the junction of Dundas St West and Roncevalles has vacated the premises (sadly), but today I noticed the place has been leased to another start up, opening soon called "Simply Nosh Bistro Cafe." Anyone looking for a job as a waiter/waitress?

DSC00055-2.jpg

(Address: 2210 Dundas St West)

Fresco's, retailer of prepared, ready-to-cook meals, has abandoned their recently opened King St West location.

Not surprising -- the food was bland and expensive. It was never busy.

Back