News   Jul 16, 2024
 308     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 421     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Toronto Municipal Election 2018: Mayor’s Race

To add insult to injury, the deadline to register for mayor has not changed. Tory's hands must be on this.

Apparently Tory first heard about this a week and a half ago. When asked by the media about that he said he didn't think Ford was serious. LOL.

I wish Layton luck but Tory will still win. Tory has a massive political machine.

And Toronto's fake progressives would rather vote for Tory then an "NDP".

I wish Layton luck but Tory will still win. Tory has a massive political machine.

And Toronto's fake progressives would rather vote for Tory then an "NDP".

Pretty sure Layton would get the "progressive" vote, but can he get beyond that?

I expect turnout in "Ford Nation" will be low, given that the establishmentarian Tory isn't popular there, but the municipal left is weak there as well.

https://twitter.com/jpags/status/1022897872600264704

Keesmaat running for mayor.

A household name, for sure, among the urban chattering class south of St. Clair. Does anyone else know who she is?

I feel like she is going to lose, badly.

She will lose successfully and then run for Liberal leader.

And if Tory implodes then so much the better. But money has her in Queen’s Park by Christmas 2020.

I haven't heard Keesmat speak but if she is any good, I think she has a shot at becoming mayor. Tory became mayor for not being a Ford, so it's not like he has a base because of what he's done.

She will lose successfully and then run for Liberal leader.

And if Tory implodes then so much the better. But money has her in Queen’s Park by Christmas 2020.

Whatever one thinks of Tory as mayor, he is polling relatively well.

Keesmat should be a strong challenger, I don't doubt she can take 1/3 to 40% of the vote in the old City.

But whether she can get well into double digits in Scarborough is another matter.

Assuming she's running to win, she would really benefit from a moderately strong challenger to Tory's right, assuming she can win in a vote-split scenario.

That, IF, would be my big worry, that if she splits the centrist/progressive vote, a strong challenger with a less urbane sensibility could get a victory with 34% of the vote.

I don't think Tory has been a terrible mayor. Insufficiently bold at times, on any number of fronts, but relatively little to offend. Just some wistful disappointment of opportunities missed.

https://twitter.com/jpags/status/1022897872600264704

Keesmaat running for mayor.

A household name, for sure, among the urban chattering class south of St. Clair. Does anyone else know who she is?

I feel like she is going to lose, badly.

People thought the same about Miller, but his understanding of city issues (along with people tired of corruption and the Lastman years) led him to victory.

Tory isn't Lastman, but after eight years of 'Conservative' mayors, this could be a good chance for her.

So, three white supremacists are running for mayor now.

EDIT:

I don't see Faith Goldy listed yet.

Last edited:

Back