Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

I did another count of under construction and 'applied for' towers in the above pic and this is what I've got. X2,Chaz,609 Sherbourne (4 towers),1Bloor,Couture,77 Charles,1 St.Thomas,Milan,Yorkville,Ridpath (2 towers),345 Bloor,66 Isabella,Nicholas,U (2 towers),94 Cumberland,Exhibit,Sherbourne&Earl,Five,596 Church. A total of 24 new towers.

I did another count of under construction and 'applied for' towers in the above pic and this is what I've got. X2,Chaz,609 Sherbourne (4 towers),1Bloor,Couture,77 Charles,1 St.Thomas,Milan,Yorkville,Ridpath (2 towers),345 Bloor,66 Isabella,Nicholas,U (2 towers),94 Cumberland,Exhibit,Sherbourne&Earl,Five,596 Church. A total of 24 new towers.

Don't forget Cumberland Terrace! (if it's been applied for, which I assume it has been) ...any others?

What was the name of the hotel to go in beside U Condos? Wasn't that a Marriott or something?

very nice. after four seasons and 1 bloor are built, there will be a huge shift in balance on the york skyline. it will also drive some attention away from the cbd. it's a manhattan skyline in the making!!!!

Very good analogy. It will be interesting to see what it will look like in 15-20 years, with the Yorkville cluster gradually pushing south, and the CBD cluster gradually pushing north. A few more projects like ROCP (including Aura) between College and Wellesley, and there won't really be much of a defined visual line separating the two.

PS: Is there an 'official' name for the cluster between say Dundas and Wellesley? The CBD is generally considered to stop at Dundas/Queen, and Yorkville begins between Wellesley and Bloor.

We need a quick render Traynor... even an outline of:rolleyes: where these towers will rise in the above pic.??
Guessing Bloor will be in front of Blu/Uptown??? What about Cumb. Terrace?? Milan north of FS??

Funny you should ask... I was going to do one based on that photo but some of the buildings the forumers are mentioning I have never even heard of! I'll have to do some real research.

Some others won't even be visible in that picture because they are out of frame or behind other towers, such as the three towers along Bloor at Parliament, 5ive, 565 Sherbourne at Earl, 77 Charles West and 1 St.Thomas.

And a render like this won't be quick.

:p

OMG!!! I can't draw fast enough and there's another building going up. I just heard about that one. Toronto is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!

I have no information on that one though. No height, no facade elevations, no nothin'. Since it's Cresford, the best I could do would be to guess the height and draw a Casa II design.

I think the best solution would be to make use of what is known to create a temporary version, and wait for the 42 Charles East renders to be released (apparently just a few weeks from now). At that time the new proposal could be added.

OMG!!! I can't draw fast enough and there's another building going up. I just heard about that one. Toronto is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!

I have no information on that one though. No height, no facade elevations, no nothin'. Since it's Cresford, the best I could do would be to guess the height and draw a Casa II design.

That will do fine, just to get a contextual idea would be awesome!! :)

PS: Is there an 'official' name for the cluster between say Dundas and Wellesley? The CBD is generally considered to stop at Dundas/Queen, and Yorkville begins between Wellesley and Bloor.

Would it be fair to think of that area in a general 'College Park' area kind of way?

Shot Jan 26
See more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/page1/ to 15 for the day
5391928450_003941b5ff_b.jpg

Yorkville Condo will block this view
5391314437_3cc87f3555_b.jpg

5391312301_3f8519d0da_b.jpg

5391304949_37d596eed1_b.jpg

5391906500_b1021dc237_b.jpg

5391900186_8abe918746_b.jpg

5391286257_b607b82424_b.jpg

5391288821_d6a201a331_b.jpg

the 2nd shot and the last shot are incredible. this tower has really really shot up! boy oh boy. and the cladding is SICK! this might just be better than bay adelaide centre. just sayin.

I do like the sleekness and smoothness of the glass facade, but I'll admit that I still don't know how to feel about abandoning the offset mullions that were part of the original design. They added character and a bit of complexity to an otherwise straight-up-and-down box. Then again, they were mullions.

Back