News   Jul 19, 2024
 770     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.4K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Bathurst & Eglinton. There's so much gridlock now and station construction hasn't even started yet. It's gonna be several long years, but totally worth it in the end.

Bathurst & Eglinton. There's so much gridlock now and station construction hasn't even started yet. It's gonna be several long years, but totally worth it in the end.

There is always going on the Old Forest Hill Road bridge or bypassing the area by using Chaplain, Roselawn, Elm Ridge, Roselawn again, and the choice of Marlee, Dufferin, Caledonia, Woodborough/Carnavan, or Keele.

We wouldn't name a station "Spadina" on the Spadina subway line! Confusion would reign supreme!
Right, I see your point, Spadina Station was an existing station on the Bloor Line prior to the Yonge-University-Spadina line being built. It is, however, a little different, as the YUS line only travels along Spadina for two stations (Spadina & Dupont) before veering further west. Spadina still gives you some real information at that stop.

The better parallel would be to have a stop called "University" or just "Bloor" as opposed to "Bloor-Yonge." The other point is that they've been so wildly inconsistent with naming stations on the line anyway...why Eglinton but not Eglinton West?

Personally I think the biggest problem is they refuse to use the well-accepted practice of using hyphenated names Like Yonge-Eglinton. Every station along the line could have it's location pinned down exactly with no duplication if they just used that naming convention.

Also, Metrolinx has just put up huge banners at many stations announcing the future locations. Unfortunately they have the old names. Today I walked past "Future Home of Bathurst Station" and the "Future Home of Dufferin Station".

Will Allen station on the Eglinton Crosstown be physically connected to Eg West subway station (ie. you can access underground in a reasonable amount of time)? From the outside it appears as though they are pretty far apart.

Will Allen station on the Eglinton Crosstown be physically connected to Eg West subway station (ie. you can access underground in a reasonable amount of time)? From the outside it appears as though they are pretty far apart.

Yes, the mezzanine level above the LRT platform will be the same level as the subway platforms and be connected together.

Allen will have two entrances, one on either side of the Allen. The diagram I saw had a public tunnel connecting the two (e.g. you could use the tunnel to avoid crossing the Allen intersection without having to pay the fare). The tunnel then connects to a fare-paid area that then connects to both the subway and the LRT.

Also, anyone know when they are going to start construction of the above ground LRT portion? Obviously will not take as long as the underground section, but it would make sense to start it so they complete before or at the same time as the tunneled portion.

Also it might be wise to start it so its "past the point of no return" before another election term. We all know how politicians love to cancel and change plans.

I think we're already way beyond the point of no return.

The contract was finalized, I'd assume construction would start Spring at the latest.

There's no turning back on the construction of the Eglinton line so I wouldnt worry about that at all. If you want an LRT line to worry about, look at the Finch LRT. I was about to include the Sheppard LRT as well, but who knows if that thing will ever get built at this point.

The way the province has been handling their debt/deficit business, what concerns me is that they'll just decide one day to defer Finch into 2018 and before you know it the project will hinge on the outcome of the next provincial election (ie: they may try to use the LRT for vote buying).

But in any case, I dont want to steer the thread off course here. What we know is that Eglinton will proceed without any political interference.

Back