News   Jul 19, 2024
 350     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 630     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It will be Branded Metrolinx to go with the GO colour Scheme like the mock up model.

People really don't care what the colour is as long as they can get on paying the standard fare, as well getting where they want to go in the first place.

I am sure both TTC and Metrolinx will be promoting the line colours as the line is near completion of testing as well a schedule start date.
I care. I do not want GO to take control of TTC through Metrolinx. TTC is concerned with service within Toronto. GO outside and I have a feeling service levels/frequencies within Toronto will suffer

There should be some level of administrative separation for Metrolinx-Toronto if the TTC is annexed by Metrolinx.

Maybe this division can be tied to the funding the city of Toronto would provide to Metrolinx, having it specifically be designated to the spectrum of service that was covered by the TTC.

I care. I do not want GO to take control of TTC through Metrolinx. TTC is concerned with service within Toronto. GO outside and I have a feeling service levels/frequencies within Toronto will suffer

GO may be concerned with service outside Toronto now, but in 2021, with GO RER, they will be very much concerned with service inside Toronto.

You have no basis to determine that Metrolinx taking over the TTC would have any impact on service levels. None.

GO may be concerned with service outside Toronto now, but in 2021, with GO RER, they will be very much concerned with service inside Toronto.

You have no basis to determine that Metrolinx taking over the TTC would have any impact on service levels. None.

Look, I have read countless posts on urban Toronto with the same concern. I am not the first person. And whats this "no basis" stuff. It does not take much intelligence to realize the 905 would not be concerned if service in Toronto was cut, to save money cause they do not want their money to be paying for service in Toronto. You must have your head buried in the sand.

Their only concern with service inside Toronto is for getting the 905 customers to Union and back

If Metrolinx ever tries to take control of Toronto's transit, I hope Torontonians fight tooth an nail against it. We must never make our transit beholden to voters elsewhere in the province who might not have Toronto's best interests in mind. Do you really think some random voter in rural Ontario cares about how the Finch bus is running? Case in point:

- The Progressive Conservatives attempt to upload the Gardiner to remove Torontonians from the decision making process
- And their attempt to upload, privatize and cut the TTC.

Upload the TTC to the province, and local transit service in our city will become political football for the whole province. And it won't be long after that until our service suffers.

Last edited:
Their only concern with service inside Toronto is for getting the 905 customers to Union and back
And GO is in the midst of being transformed into something that will have little resemblance to the current situation. The way GO acts as a Union centred commuter service today is irrelevant to how it will function in the future. A decade from now we'll look back in amusement at how GO used to be just a cute shuttle to one station.

The concerns that GO and TTC being merged will result in worse TTC service is an odd one. Our current system of flat fares rewards long trips in the suburbs and penalizes short trips downtown. It makes it easier to cut downtown service and prioritize suburban expansion. And sure enough, almost all the TTC expansion in the last generation or two has been in the suburbs, with next to nothing downtown. If anything, fare integration will mean demand and service increases in the central part of the city, whether the TTC and Metrolinx merge or not. If our fare integration works like anywhere else in the world, longer trips will cost more and shorter trips will cost less regardless of which vehicle you're on. At the same time, demand for long TTC trips on streets like Finch will decline because GO RER will take people where they're going for, presumably, the same price as a TTC trip.

We have to stop thinking of the TTC and GO as separate, competing silos. That's a point of view that's quickly becoming obsolete. It will be one integrated system in the future and there will be very little to distinguish a TTC trip from a GO trip.

And GO is in the midst of being transformed into something that will have little resemblance to the current situation. The way GO acts as a Union centred commuter service today is irrelevant to how it will function in the future. A decade from now we'll look back in amusement at how GO used to be just a cute shuttle to one station.

The concerns that GO and TTC being merged will result in worse TTC service is an odd one. Our current system of flat fares rewards long trips in the suburbs and penalizes short trips downtown. It makes it easier to cut downtown service and prioritize suburban expansion. And sure enough, almost all the TTC expansion in the last generation or two has been in the suburbs, with next to nothing downtown. If anything, fare integration will mean demand and service increases in the central part of the city, whether the TTC and Metrolinx merge or not. If our fare integration works like anywhere else in the world, longer trips will cost more and shorter trips will cost less regardless of which vehicle you're on. At the same time, demand for long TTC trips on streets like Finch will decline because GO RER will take people where they're going for, presumably, the same price as a TTC trip.

We have to stop thinking of the TTC and GO as separate, competing silos. That's a point of view that's quickly becoming obsolete. It will be one integrated system in the future and there will be very little to distinguish a TTC trip from a GO trip.

AMEN!

TBM Tracker is showing Old Forest Hill Road, so we are a full block east of Bathurst:

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 392
TBM Tracker is showing Old Forest Hill Road, so we are a full block east of Bathurst:

It's great to see them eating up the distance.

The two east machines were supposed to have started tunnelling on Sept 29th, but the map doesn't show them having moved, and the text on the Tracking page only makes mention of Dennis and Lea - is this an oversight or are they still in a startup/teething mode?

- Paul

I sent Metrolinx an email on these name changes and how the majority of the people who voted disliked the name changes from Keele, Dufferin, Avenue, etc and how the votes for each station did not even add up to 100%, but I have yet to hear back from them. Guess the way i started the email did not sit too well with them ...."you guys at metrolinx must have too much time on your hands...."

I am not impressed at all with Metrolinx. If this is any indication of how they'll handle Eglinton, Finch and Sheppard operations, we're in for a rough ride.

Metrolinx obviously doesn't care about public feedback, so I think the next steps should be to contact our local councillors. Hopefully they'll agree with us and pressure Metrolinx to have the names.

Metrolinx obviously doesn't care about public feedback, so I think the next steps should be to contact our local councillors. Hopefully they'll agree with us and pressure Metrolinx to have the names.
Just be careful, if you have a foolish councillor by the name of: Mammolitti, Karygiannis, or De Baeremaeker, it's probably best not to e-mail them.

Back