News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 642     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Last edited:
The Brentcliffe Portal looks nice

w2ZKQ9b.png

Sigh. an Emergency Exit Building is being built at Petman Avenue, at a prime location for a midrise development.

The emergency access building will just be a small building at the back of the property with the access tunnel running along the edge of the property next to the street. It won't preclude redeveloping the site. The only thing it will do is restrict some of the potential for underground parking.

It seems like they're closing an even larger section of the street on Eglinton just east of Yonge today for the extraction shaft.

I drove by the eastern launch shaft a few days ago and it didn't seem like they had dug down much yet.

I've heard for some time that Waterloo will be where they are tested. Specifically, along the Spur Line segment, next to and north of the University. That's where we're expecting to get our first track.

However, I don't believe we're expecting to get rails in the ground until 2015.

I hope you're right - that's so exciting to think that a train (or trains) could potentially be testing along a short section of track in The Region in just a year! I wonder how they'd manage the temporary power-up of just one section of line and so on.

Back