Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

Anyone know if Corus will be putting any signs up on the building? It is office after all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 217540 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jul 12, 2010

Project: First Party New

Description: Installation of four(4) new wall signs at each elevation of the building. all four(4) signs are to be illuminated and will be placed near the top of the building.

I suppose now they are profitable again they can afford proper signage - the banner hanging from the roof is a bit tacky!.

Corus Entertainment Inc. posted a $31.4-million profit for its fiscal third quarter, as the broadcaster's revenues increased 12 per cent over last year with the Canadian economy's recovery from recession. The Toronto company reported Wednesday its profit was the equivalent of 39 cents per share and contrasted with a year-earlier loss of $145-million or $1.81 per share.

Recalls this one, similar typology, different proportions,

X-TU Architects : Anouk Legendre + Nicolas Desmazieres - http://www.x-tu.com/

Paris University-Chemistry building-France

Completion - 2008

Photos - Vincent Fillon, http://www.unregard.net/

(Sorry "interchange42" )

Attachments

• XTU2.jpg
    XTU2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 200
  • XTU1.jpg
    XTU1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 217
  • XTU5.jpg
    XTU5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 200
  • XTU4.jpg
    XTU4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 212
  • XTU6.jpg
    XTU6.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 185
  • XTU3.jpg
    XTU3.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Standing by the harbour at sunset last night, just as the lightning bolt was switched off, I was chatting to a D+S architect who worked on the building and she informed me that the large block-like structure that looks as if it was inserted into the atrium as an afterthought was indeed an element added by the client quite some time after the original design. And D+S aren't responsible for the wood panelling of the interior that's such an odd fit with the rest of the building - that was Quadrangle.

Recalls this one, similar typology, different proportions,

Thanks for postings those Dulapul, but please don't post photos of other buildings without the building's name, its location, and who designed it (and even the photographer should be credited, if you have the name). Please add that info. Thank you!

Having taken a good close up look at the exterior and the building's relation to the beach, I can't say I'm too impresed. This is the perfect example of an 'okay' office building design in the wrong location.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 217540 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jul 12, 2010

Project: First Party New

Description: Installation of four(4) new wall signs at each elevation of the building. all four(4) signs are to be illuminated and will be placed near the top of the building.

they already have signs up.. they've had them up for a couple of weeks now.

Doesn't sound like they have any permanent signage up to me.

Although the building itself is nothing fancy or spectacular the inside of the building is pretty cool with the green wall, open spaces, crazy looking art, etc...I would work there...

I like the idea of going for a quick 15 minutes break and sitting on one of these Tim Burton type benches...
20100719106.jpg

Back