Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

Got confirmation from a Corus friend the other day that CFNY and CILQ's streetfront studios in the Dundas Square area will both be closing soon and moving (along with the entire radio division) to Corus Quay.

Got confirmation from a Corus friend the other day that CFNY and CILQ's streetfront studios in the Dundas Square area will both be closing soon and moving (along with the entire radio division) to Corus Quay.

That's a shame. I feel like Dundas Square is the perfect location for media outlets of any kind. From there, you can look out your office window and see/feel what's happening on the street. The new location seems so isolated.

So this baby is addressed 25 Dockside Drive. There was a lot of activity on site today. Some Corus employees were walking in and out of the building too.

Corus

4642564985_7a7daa52af.jpg

4643178008_b476c020c2.jpg

Last edited:
If I had to guess I think that's Pier 27 and not Sugar Beach.
Sugar Beach is on the same pier as Corus on the west side of the building.

I wonder by they cared that you were taking pictures. Unless there is more concrete barrel dumping going on in the area.
Thanks for the pics.

If I had to guess I think that's Pier 27 and not Sugar Beach.
Sugar Beach is on the same pier as Corus on the west side of the building.

I wonder by they cared that you were taking pictures. Unless there is more concrete barrel dumping going on in the area.
Thanks for the pics.

oops! right you are! i'm going to edit this post and put that shoring picture in the proper thread.

i think the construction company was just concerned that if something went wrong evidence would exist against them. silly, i thought. i good old shoring video would have been nice. and loud.

I was told this evening that there is no slide - yet - but that it is coming.

Also coming? Well, opening for Canada Day actually... all this:

The official opening is still several weeks away, but Canada's Sugar Beach and some of the promenade south and west of Corus will be open for Canada Day. Here's what it looked like around 6 PM on June 30th.

Here's the view from Loblaws:

SugarBeachfromLoblaw.jpg

Here's the view from the water's edge at Jarvis Quay:

CorusSugarBpano.jpg

Garage Doors will open into the public square allowing for concerts and other events to be staged in the building:

CorusCloudspano.jpg

CorusGarageDoorspano.jpg

The promenade along Toronto Harbour will be partly sheltered by the building's overhang:

CorusOverhang.jpg

The promenade is lined with trees and features a paving plan with inset maple leaves.

CorusPromenade.jpg

This maple leaf will spring a leak; many in fact. This will be a spray pad.

CorusMaplepano.jpg

Check out the Sugar Beach thread for a few more pics.

Last edited:

Back