Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

I wonder if those trees will end up destroyed from the water spray that turns into ice in the winter.

Anyone know if Corus will be putting any signs up on the building? It is office after all.

I walked through here this evening, and I must say it looks great. Workmanship on the landscaping seems very well done, and Corus looks great too as its surroundings slowly improve. Yes, it does seem out of place right now, but just imagine once this whole area's completed. Sherbourne Commons is progressing nicely, and George Brown's new building is a giant hole in the ground too. It's very exciting to see the tangible results of this transformation.

A few shots in low light yesterday evening:

CorusQuayPrompano.jpg

CorusQuayAtrium.jpg

CorusQuayLightning.jpg

CorusQuayWindows.jpg

CorusQuaySEpano.jpg

To bad the whole outside couldn't match the atrium cladding. Imaging having a double glazed system that appears like a glass jewelry box.

The butch wood panelling strikes me as an odd choice for the interior - especially the atrium - of this sleek-flanked grande horizontale of the harbour. The generous overhang and wide pedestrian promenade combine to make a grand forecourt though. And I assume there will be a wooden boardwalk to extend things further into the Lake.

Back