Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

There was a major light show around 3am when I looked outside... they were calibrating about 20+ spotlights... not sure if it was part of the CN Tower's new lighting, or some other event. If anyone knows, please post.

Here's a pic:

522898806_81ec8bf962_o.jpg

You figure correctly Sean!

The Canadian Premiere of Pulse Front, created by acclaimed Montreal-based artist Rafael Lozano-Hemmer is the world's largest interactive light sculpture. A matrix of light beams over Harbourfront, originating from twenty of the worlds most powerful robotic searchlights, is entirely controlled by a network of sensors that measure the heart rate of passers-by. Up to 20 metal sculptures, with embedded sensors and computers, are placed along Toronto's harbour. Pulse readings, from people gripping the sculptures, are converted into light pulses by computers that also determine the orientation of the beams. With over 200,000 watts of power and 15 km visibility, Pulse Front blends the intimate with the spectacular in one of Toronto's most popular public spaces.

Rafael Lozano-Hemmer's work has been commissioned for events such as the Millennium Celebrations in Mexico City (1999), the Cultural Capital of Europe in Rotterdam (2001), the United Nations World Summit of Cities in Lyon (2003), the opening of the Yamaguchi Centre for Art and Media in Japan (2003) and the Expansion of the European Union in Dublin (2004).

Pulse Front is a part of Auto Emotion being presented at the Power Plant.

list.php

The interesting thing about the lightshow was that it was behaving more like a laser show in terms of the choreography. It was simply amazing. The lights were very, very bright [my picture fails to give a good idea of how bright these things are] The lights extended right over the downtown core.

I found this pic on flickr which gives another perspective of the lights

522774853_d7f60825cf_o.jpg

Ooooh! Wow.

I can't wait to play with this little toy. I hope Luminato helps spread the word of our little burg - I mean a bunch of prison-jumpsuit-orange tarps around Central Park got a lot of attention back in 2005. I demand, at the very least, equal time.

I posted a few pics from Tuesday night's "Pulse Front" alignment. See under "General Discussions" - 3am Late Night Light Show

Do you picture little confused Porter planes buzzing in circles around the lights until they run out of gas and drop out of the sky?

:p

Back