Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

3 - Worst of all....red white and blue on July 4? Since when we celebrate another country's holiday? Why don't they do it for all other international holidays too then, why just the US?

Many American cities,Chicago being one of them have held and do hold Celebrations marking Canada Day. We're almost a border city and on the long weekends in the summer the hotels here are full of American visitors. I see no problem marking their biggest holiday. If their staying here and spending money here over the July 4th weekend why not thank them buy showing a little respect at the tower? I see no reason to light it up for every nation out there, none of them are as close to us geographically or pollitically as the U.S.

I've heard some American tourists call it "the needle". Once a tourist stopped and asked me for directions to the "L Hotel". I said never heard of the L Hotel. She said their travel agent said its beside "the needle" After I stopped laughing my head off, I gave them directions back to Pearson.

Wow...how long ago was this. It hasn't been called L'Hotel for... at least a decade. Are travel agents really this backward? I guess it doesn't really surprise me...

Um, I not going to expect anything exciting about this...

1 - LED is not bright. Look at the ones they use during Xmas on Yonge Street...very dark.

2 - Similar to the 90s? I didn't recall any bright lights, big CN Tower in the 90s.

3 - Worst of all....red white and blue on July 4? Since when we celebrate another country's holiday? Why don't they do it for all other international holidays too then, why just the US?

4 - Are they going to make the tower rainbow like during Pride? I don't think so!

1 - Check out the Arcade Building on Yonge. Plenty bright enough.

2 - The top of the mast used to be lit up.

3 - It may get turned other colours other days. I'm sure the plans listed was not exhaustive, plus plans gradually develop over time, things change. Maybe it'll be Red, White and Green for Italy Day sometime.

4 - Why not?

5 - All you ever seem to do is complain. Life sucks, huh?

Speaking as a hetro, I'd love to see the CN Tower coloured for Gay Pride! If you don't like it, pretend that it's merely a rainbow. Think Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz.

Er, better yet, think Skittles™.

All you ever seem to do is picking on other people who don't share your view. Life's that tough, huh?

I normally split my time on this forum between putting my viewpoint forth and asking questions. That's pretty much what everyone does, and that means there are going to differing views on everything. Fine! I can't think of the last time, however, that I picked on someone directly until your previous post. It just struck me that your posts seem to be relentlessly negative, and I couldn't remember having read anything from you where you liked anything. Most other members seem to find things to praise every once in a while. I'll look harder in the future for your positive posts.

Speaking as a hetro, I'd love to see the CN Tower coloured for Gay Pride! If you don't like it, pretend that it's merely a rainbow. Think Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz.

Er, better yet, think Skittlesâ„¢.

i think rainbows after rainfalls are all part of a gay leftist conspiracy.

Lighting the building up to celebrate notable holidays and events sounds like a good idea. However with some Welsh ancestry I will be very hurt if they don't light up the tower for St. Patty but not for St. David's day :)

They can light it up any colour they like, for whatever reason they want; I'm just happy that it won't be a shadow at night anymore.

I normally split my time on this forum between putting my viewpoint forth and asking questions. That's pretty much what everyone does, and that means there are going to differing views on everything. Fine! I can't think of the last time, however, that I picked on someone directly until your previous post. It just struck me that your posts seem to be relentlessly negative, and I couldn't remember having read anything from you where you liked anything. Most other members seem to find things to praise every once in a while. I'll look harder in the future for your positive posts.

You must aware that each person is different. Each has different opinions on things. Each also has different standards and expectations. I, for once, has high standards and expectations. I'm a tough consumer. But that doesn't mean I dislike everything. I don't need to praise everything I like either because that's what should be expected. I like to see the opposite or the negative side of things to see the "what if nots". But all in all, it's just a matter of opinions which everyone's entitled to. Whether people like what I say or not, it's their problem. I don't critize others I disagree and wish the same from others. Afterall, what makes one thinks theirs are right and others are not?

Personally, I'm quite upset that gays felt the need to take all the colours of the rainbow. I mean, did they really need the whole rainbow? What's left for us?

Back