Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

thanks DT! this photo posting is almost turning into a fulltime job for you. I hadnt noticed the slanted sides on the main support columns at ground level before. Thats a detail we dont get very often...

There are gaps and chips in a few places. I wonder if it's the kind of thing a builder MUST fix...

To me, it's the kind of things that shouldn't have occured in the first place. I'm not sure if other builders have such loose tolerances when it comes to fitting precast. I stopped by Circa in Markham and couldn't notice the same amount of defects in their precast bricks.

I friend of mine bought a suite in Majestic by Times and one of the main complaint he has is that the location where the laminate floor meets the kitchen tiles, there's a gap between 5 to 10mm when you step on it. You can even push down on the laminate with your hands. He contacted Times and they said that it's within their acceptable deflection tolerances and won't be fixing it. Needless to say he's pretty upset about it. The rest of the suite looks good though, but the HVAC system sounds relatively louder than other condos I've been in.

I have a few questions that I hope to get some answers here.

What is "precast"? Is it the beige color concrete thing? I always thought that's the "cladding"... :confused:

What does it mean when the crane on the roof come down? When I saw them removing it, I thought there was malfunction so they are taking it away to fix it... lol... It seems like there's still so much that needs to be done! The "precast/cladding" thing on the balconies from level 23 up is not done. I thought they'll need to use the crane to "pull" those things up.

I have a few questions that I hope to get some answers here.

What is "precast"? Is it the beige color concrete thing? I always thought that's the "cladding"... :confused:

What does it mean when the crane on the roof come down? When I saw them removing it, I thought there was malfunction so they are taking it away to fix it... lol... It seems like there's still so much that needs to be done! The "precast/cladding" thing on the balconies from level 23 up is not done. I thought they'll need to use the crane to "pull" those things up.
^^^^^
precast is the beige concrete

cladding, is that grey aluminum looking stuff

correct me if I'm wrong

And yes, I always thought the precast construction quality looked off but figured they'd fix it later.

A couple of pictures of the loft but not great. Still couldn't find a good spot to take it from.
Please click on image to enlarge. First picture is taken from the car park beside the church (North east view). Second picture is taken from the "garden" beside Verve. (South East view)

Attachments

• IMG_1884a.jpg
    IMG_1884a.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1890a.jpg
    IMG_1890a.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 215
I wonder why they took out the windows on the South East side & "redoing" them again...
1st picture shows the windows on the South East corner gone.

2nd picture shows the big crane taking the small crane down.

Attachments

• IMG_1895a.jpg
    IMG_1895a.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1886a.jpg
    IMG_1886a.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 182
I friend of mine bought a suite in Majestic by Times and one of the main complaint he has is that the location where the laminate floor meets the kitchen tiles, there's a gap between 5 to 10mm when you step on it. You can even push down on the laminate with your hands. He contacted Times and they said that it's within their acceptable deflection tolerances and won't be fixing it. Needless to say he's pretty upset about it. The rest of the suite looks good though, but the HVAC system sounds relatively louder than other condos I've been in.

Which is probably why they're making all the buyers sign a waiver accepting warped flooring if they don't keep the unit humidity between x and y %.

Which is probably why they're making all the buyers sign a waiver accepting warped flooring if they don't keep the unit humidity between x and y %.

That only applies to suites that opted for the upgraded hardwood flooring right? IIRC, laminate flooring doesn't have this problem. I think the main problem my friend has is that the padding underneath doesn't reach all the way to the kitchen tiles.

Finally the sun showed itself for 5mins this morning. Took a couple of pictures. I don't know if it's cos of the rain, it seems like nothing much had been done. More windows are up. I think the whole of 23rd floor windows are done & they are working on the 24th. There were alot of "action" in the units. Oh yes, the doors on the North side has frames now.

Attachments

• IMG_1984a.jpg
    IMG_1984a.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1985a.jpg
    IMG_1985a.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1988a.jpg
    IMG_1988a.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 206
Finally the sun showed itself for 5mins this morning. Took a couple of pictures. I don't know if it's cos of the rain, it seems like nothing much had been done. More windows are up. I think the whole of 23rd floor windows are done & they are working on the 24th. There were alot of "action" in the units. Oh yes, the doors on the North side has frames now.
I noticed that they're in the process of building a road on the north side.

Quick update

Took a couple of pictures today. The windows are done up to 25th floor. Workers are starting to work on the inside units. Balcony ceilings are being "smooth out". They are now up to 6th floor.

5640_109233598540_661213540_2270764_1413910_n.jpg

5640_109233573540_661213540_2270761_3361542_n.jpg

5640_109245708540_661213540_2270874_5771983_n.jpg

5640_109233578540_661213540_2270762_5810499_n.jpg

5640_109233563540_661213540_2270760_4108128_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back