News   Jul 19, 2024
 413     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 683     1 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

Only if she gets enough votes in Council. Unlike Wynne, Chow would have no majority.

Opening up that debate could also seriously jeopardize the DRL.
Jeopardize the DRL for who? Scarborough can't say they want don't want the DRL base on last night. The DRL is a certainty now. They voted for the DRL. Chow only needs 23 or 24 votes to get rid of the subway./

Jeopardize the DRL for who? Scarborough can't say they want don't want the DRL base on last night. The DRL is a certainty now. They voted for the DRL. Chow only needs 23 or 24 votes to get rid of the subway./

Likely situation is that chow convinces the already close vote to turn once more back to lrt and then redirect the tax increases which were meant for the Danforth extension to the drl. Essentially we will be getting transit city plus drl. Trudeau gets in and hopefully the cash between all three governments flows quicker and these lines can be built quick enough that nothing could be cancelled in the future.

Likely situation is that chow convinces the already close vote to turn once more back to lrt and then redirect the tax increases which were meant for the Danforth extension to the drl. Essentially we will be getting transit city plus drl. Trudeau gets in and hopefully the cash between all three governments flows quicker and these lines can be built quick enough that nothing could be cancelled in the future.

The DRL is not a priority to her. It's LRT and buses and if Scarborough reverts back to LRT, the TTC will need thoses buses to replace the SRT

The DRL is not a priority to her. It's LRT and buses and if Scarborough reverts back to LRT, the TTC will need thoses buses to replace the SRT

Not originally - but her base has forced her hand with regards to DRL, and the province got plenty of leverage re: BD extension and I am sure they can sort something out to the mutual satisfaction of everyone.

AoD

Agreed 100 percent six rings. Hopefully the SRT is interlined with the crosstown.

It will be when she gets elected. If you wanted the subway your riding would have voted PC. The Bloor Danfort extensions time just got short.

Agreed 100 percent six rings. Hopefully the SRT is interlined with the crosstown.

It will be when she gets elected. If you wanted the subway your riding would have voted PC. The Bloor Danfort extensions time just got short.

I don't think Olivia Chow will win. She is only in the lead because of vote splitting between Tory and Ford. As Ford gets even more crazy and perhaps quits the race entirely I would expect Tory to lead in the polls. LRT, demolishing the Gardiner, bike lanes are unpopular among most of the population in my opinion.

Also I think it is really likely that GO electrification and DRL will suck up so much money that Finch/Sheppard LRT will end up endlessly delayed or cancelled. Or if some sort of transit tax comes in, Liberal MPPs start talking about the Sheppard subway again. I think by far the most likely outcome is that nothing gets built on Finch or Sheppard.

I don't think Olivia Chow will win. She is only in the lead because of vote splitting between Tory and Ford. As Ford gets even more crazy and perhaps quits the race entirely I would expect Tory to lead in the polls. LRT, demolishing the Gardiner, bike lanes are unpopular among most of the population in my opinion.

Also I think it is really likely that GO electrification and DRL will suck up so much money that Finch/Sheppard LRT will end up endlessly delayed or cancelled. Or if some sort of transit tax comes in, Liberal MPPs start talking about the Sheppard subway again. I think by far the most likely outcome is that nothing gets built on Finch or Sheppard.

I don't buy Chow as next mayor either. Her policies are too much like "Miller" which are very unpopular outside the downtown core.

I don't buy Chow as next mayor either. Her policies are too much like "Miller" which are very unpopular outside the downtown core.

Solid you are going to be one sad snake when you don't get a subway and chow is elected. It won't even be close.

Andrew these people want to keep their jobs, they said that yesterday. That matters more then anything. There will be no traffic if people are not going to work. As for the LRTs? They will get built. The people endorsed the plan, and the Liberals will pay for all of that, some how. They should even build the DRL Eglinton Don Mills to Dundas West because we have the money for it. Electrification as well, that will lock in the suburban Toronto seats.
Solid you are going to be one sad snake when you don't get a subway and chow is elected. It won't even be close.
Exactly, and it's still better then waiting until 2026 for the bloor danforth subway.

I think once September rolls around, we'll start to see a raise in the polls for John Tory. It wouldn't surprise me if Tory slips into a small win on October 27th.

I think once September rolls around, we'll start to see a raise in the polls for John Tory. It wouldn't surprise me if Tory slips into a small win on October 27th.

What? No faith in Soknacki? :p

His numbers are creeping up, they've just overtook Stintz in the latest polls.

I already have a subway. It's St.Clair West ;)
I could use the new streetcar on St.Clair since they're overcrowded and slow during peak hours...made me miss the first half of the world cup yesterday:mad:
Like everybody else, I just want this city to get the DRL asap.

As for Chow, I think the race will be closer than you think this fall

What? No faith in Soknacki? :p

His numbers are creeping up, they've just overtook Stintz in the latest polls.

He went from 4% to 5%. Oh yeah, the guy is on his way to being elected. LOL. I'm thinking John Tory is on his way to becoming Toronto's next mayor.

Back