News   Jul 19, 2024
 418     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 684     1 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

Do you mean Sheppard Eastbound? I don't see why people would get on the Sheppard line to go on the Yonge line. If were talking about Eglinton-Yonge, then staying on the Spadina line to Eglinton West and transferring to the Crosstown would make more sense.

I am indeed talking about Sheppard Eastbound - if the destination is somewhere on the Yonge line, one may choose to transfer at Yonge-Sheppard instead of riding south and around the U.

AoD

I am indeed talking about Sheppard Eastbound - if the destination is somewhere on the Yonge line, one may choose to transfer at Yonge-Sheppard instead of riding south and around the U.

AoD

and what's wrong with that? More clients for businesses then. For the sake of the Yonge line, we'll keep our city cut in half so the westerners stays west since driving is too much trouble and transit is horribly slow. This is where the Crosstown will helps a lot too. This city needs to be unified and we're currently divided...

and what's wrong with that? More clients for businesses then. For the sake of the Yonge line, we'll keep our city cut in half so the westerners stays west since driving is too much trouble and transit is horribly slow. This is where the Crosstown will helps a lot too. This city needs to be unified and we're currently divided...

Let's not exaggerate here and pretend that somehow the city is divided by the lack of a subway line to Downsview (which is only halfway across the city) and that building that bridge between the two lines was some high priority, pressing project while Yonge line burns. This is Stintz sentimentalist BS.

AoD

Last edited:
Let's not exaggerate here and pretend that somehow the city is divided by the lack of a subway line to Downsview (which is only halfway across the city) and that building that bridge between the two lines was some high priority, pressing project while Yonge line burns.

AoD

The last sentence was a global observation.

Let's not exaggerate here and pretend that somehow the city is divided by the lack of a subway line to Downsview (which is only halfway across the city) and that building that bridge between the two lines was some high priority, pressing project while Yonge line burns. This is Stintz sentimentalist BS.

AoD

No no no. The lack of a Sheppard West Subway has erected a Berlin wall down the centre of our city. I dream of the day when I'll once again be able to cross over Yonge to the east side. I miss my family. It's been 12 years. Oh the agony. The pain! The suffering!

I know what you means! Take Montreal for example, how stupid are they for connecting the blue line all the way to the other end of the orange line? The horror... French-Canadians don't know anything about public transit. They should come to us more often for advices...:rolleyes:
Your comparing the Sheppard line, 12 km north of Queen to the Blue Line ... 5 km north of Berri? If you want to go that kind of distance, you'd be looking at Boulevarde de la Concorde in Laval! Oh and look, that Metro DOESN'T close the loop.

If you want to compare that kind of distance, pick Eglinton. Oh, and that line WILL connect to both branches of the YUS. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes the Montreal comparison seemed random to me. Somehow the Montreal blue line justifies Sheppard West?

Anyways all I'm saying is that to me, a convincing argument for subways begins with a 2030's ridership projection that exceeds 10,000 PPPHD.

It shouldn't be just about "closing the loop" because it looks nice on a map, or because there are some condo developments happening. It's about are there enough riders to exceed the minimum subway threshold.

MCC in Mississauga hasn't seen ANY office development for years - and we're talking about commercial tax rate that is significantly lower. In the meantime, Mississauga isn't have any trouble developing offices in the least transit accessible areas. It isn't just a tax thing.

AoD

Fair enough. Maybe people just don't want to work in those areas.

No need to close it. The only certainty in Toronto transit is uncertainty.

Though at this point I'd rank subway behind LRT and nothing getting built on Sheppard.

I would agree but Scarborough voted liberal. If Chow gets elected they will get the SRT and there's jack all they can do about in that case, so we'll see.

Back