News   Jul 19, 2024
 530     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.3K     5 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 828     2 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...-calls-for-subway-on-sheppard-avenue-not-lrt/

SSAC lead organizer Patricia Sinclair said a Sheppard East subway line could be completed by 2019 - two years before the LRT - due to past provincial approvals still in effect and the availability of two tunnel borer machines (TBMs) still in possession of the TTC for its ongoing Toronto-York Spadina subway extension work.
Sinclair said her group had calculated a $2.75 billion price tag, or $250 million per kilometre, for the subway plan to replace the 13-km LRT route to run along Sheppard
between Don Mills subway station to east of Morningside Avenue.
shepsubwayprotesters_Content.jpg

hah hah

Last edited:

“What’s being proposed is for the surface and this is the biggest problem,” said Chen who is running in Scarborough-Agincourt to unseat incumbent Liberal Soo Wong.

“People want the most convenient way to travel from point A to point B. The LRT fighting with cars is going to be problematic, and people don’t want that.”

That's really the core of the issue for many I think and they admit it, that their cars would be inconvenienced.

I wish I could ask them: wouldn't you prefer that neither LRT or subway be built? Then you don't have to deal with subway construction that closes down half the road for 6-8 years.

That's really the core of the issue for many I think and they admit it, that their cars would be inconvenienced.

I wish I could ask them: wouldn't you prefer that neither LRT or subway be built? Then you don't have to deal with subway construction that closes down half the road for 6-8 years.

Like I said before, cut and cover if they want subways. That way they can't drive at all for 3 years.

Hmm, I wonder.... perhaps because of ill informed people that think that LRT's are streetcars in mixed traffic and are trying to stop something they don't understand.

:) You know at the end of the day, LRT needed to be marketed better. These people just want to drive and have their property values rise like on the other side of Victoria Park in North York.

I never understood the rational. LRT would mean elimination of the bus lane and no more buses clogging up the road at intersections, and fewer cars in general as some drivers will change to public transport.

Car drivers should be supporting LRTs in routes like Eglinton, Finch and Sheppard.

:) You know at the end of the day, LRT needed to be marketed better. These people just want to drive and have their property values rise like on the other side of Victoria Park in North York.

Transit City was initially marketed to the citizens of the City of Toronto as ... "Boldly going where no streetcar has gone before." (I'm paraphrasing, but it was something similar), so ... this mistake was made long before Ford became Mayor.

These protestors anger me. How many do you actually think are transit riders at all?

I never understood the rational. LRT would mean elimination of the bus lane and no more buses clogging up the road at intersections, and fewer cars in general as some drivers will change to public transport.

Car drivers should be supporting LRTs in routes like Eglinton, Finch and Sheppard.
Except it might make traffic on N-S roads worst; and from experience on St. Clair West, cars doing U-turns often clog up the left lane of traffic.

Like I said before, cut and cover if they want subways. That way they can't drive at all for 3 years.
Stations are done by cut and cover anyways.

Transit City was initially marketed to the citizens of the City of Toronto as ... "Boldly going where no streetcar has gone before." (I'm paraphrasing, but it was something similar), so ... this mistake was made long before Ford became Mayor.
Yup and no one had a problem with it, until 2009. Toronto did this to itself.

These protestors anger me. How many do you actually think are transit riders at all?
This is about cars and property values. Look at North York and then Look at Scarborough real estate prices.

I like how these people say:

Having more subways is better and other cities have more subways so to be "world class" we need more subways to not "fall behind". Therefore we should spend build subways on Sheppard.

Just because someone agrees we should have more subways does not mean we should just be building them anywhere or on Sheppard.

I don't understand the point.....are we only allowed to comment on services we use? So if you don't collect welfare you have no right to an opinion on our welfare system? If you, say, are a daily transit rider do you lose the right to comment on cars and roads?

Back