95     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 643     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 400     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this last week damage Doug's campaign beyond repair? His core followers will stick with him of course.

Last edited:
So you're saying she's talking a lot and then say she's talking very little? Talking and saying is the same thing. You're obviously very ignorant with that point you made and even more so for not understanding anything she said the whole debate. You don't have to be a Chow supporter to understand what she discussed.

"Talks a lot but says very little" *is* a well-known English idiom - suggest you look it up, hmmm? Interestingly, it is actually Webster Dictionary's definition for "windbag". I exonerate Olivia of being a windbag, however - she's not merely talking with no substance. She does have an obfuscatory speaking style though, IMO. Unfortunate, as it does lose her support that I'd like to see her have. If she could make her points more clearly, I think she'd be polling much higher.

Would also appreciate it if you'd assist in keeping the tone of discussion respectful in this forum...I didn't find your post to be so. Unfortunate first impression...

Arlene Bishop @arlenebishop
Debate Diversion Time! Doug Ford will make a dramatic statement about bros' health tomorrow or Rob Ford will have a crisis tonight. #TOpoli

Doug will have to be with Rob when he does his chemo.

You can blame all of this on our sham electoral system. Minority rule, FPTP rubbish.

Just saying.

It always confounds and amuses me (or makes me want to cry) when people are surprised by the lack of interest in our political system as well as civic engagement. It's simple, really, all we need to do is GET A REAL SYSTEM OF VOTING implemented. FPTP is a sham joke. Unless you think that 35% of 60% of the population over 18 deciding a majority government is fine. (In which case, you should try China or Cuba...you might like it)

How many MPPs were elected with a majority of votes in this year's election? Rhetorical question, but it makes my point rather well.

People are comfortable with what they're used to. Rant on, but u might want to help the folks trying to change things, instead.

Last edited:
Wait 'til the next polls come out. (Which, incidentally, will be the first post-lawn-sign polls.)

It has been a few days since one came out.

If the Compulsively Lying Insult Machine has overtaken the More Reasonable and Intelligent Ford Without the Crack, then I'd say yes.

The next few weeks should be fun.

Joshua Humewood @joshhumewood
classy RT @EmilyDudette: Doug Ford walked up to Olivia Chow volunteers like a real bully and said:" You guys are wasting your time." #TOpoli

Classless as usual.

Last edited:
Ari demolished everyone tonight, starting with the Fords. Doug then destroyed himself. He is out of his league. Why couldn't the camera have been focused on Rob when Ari made the comments about the slur?

I didn't know Renata was there. I saw that Pagliaro said RoFo put his hand on a camera. Idiot.

"Talks a lot but says very little" *is* a well-known English idiom - suggest you look it up, hmmm? Interestingly, it is actually Webster Dictionary's definition for "windbag". I exonerate Olivia of being a windbag, however - she's not merely talking with no substance. She does have an obfuscatory speaking style though, IMO. Unfortunate, as it does lose her support that I'd like to see her have. If she could make her points more clearly, I think she'd be polling much higher.

Would also appreciate it if you'd assist in keeping the tone of discussion respectful in this forum...I didn't find your post to be so. Unfortunate first impression...

OK, that was awesome. Explanatory and belittling at the same time! <slow clap>

People are comfortable with what they're used to. Rant on, but u might want to help the folks trying to change things, instead.

What, like I've been doing for the last 11 years? (I don't reserve the right to rant for no reason)

Not that any of those who want to change the sham electoral system ever get elected anywhere (or, rather, rarely).

One could say that Ari tore Doug Jr a new DoFo in the debates.
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 833
Doug can only really damage his campaign if he does something to alienate Ford Nation in its current form. His real problem is that he's boxed in - if he tries to grow beyond current Ford Nation, that growth will come at the expense of equal or worse portions of current Ford Nation. Right now, he (and Rob) appeal somewhat to fiscal conservatives, but far more to angry or scared people - angry homophobes, angry racists, angry immigrants, angry conservatives, angry Scarberians, and everyone angry at government. Those angry people feel that they finally have someone that they can support, who will put their objects of anger (LGBTQ, people of colour/religion/anyone different, Canadians holding them back, Liberal left, the rest of TO, and those damn bureaucrats) down. If Doug tries to move beyond those angry people, they will feel betrayed, and his solid block isn't so solid.
So Doug has to be the way he was this week - he has to play defence with his supporters, because any new growth is too risky.

If anything, Ari may turn out to be Doug's best hope - the smart, shiny new object that attracts people who (like me) would otherwise park with Tory as the strategic vote. Chow isn't doing it - she's not drawing votes away from Tory. Doug can't. (Have a look at IHTWOMRF and 43 Down - they're on a full-scale assault on Tory and anything at all moderate. They also sound like they know they're going down, and are doing it with their heads held high. They ain't taking no changes from Fordlandia now.) But, can Ari be Nenshi, but not good enough, in 22 days? Can Ari be the guy to move up to 20 percent, drop Tory to 27 and Chow to 23, and .....

There's a horrible thought to end Sunday night, isn't it?

But Ari is more of a creature of social media than anything else, right? Right?

Doug is on the radio now and Daniel Dale is doing fact checking. Everything he said was a lie to no one's surprise.

I listened and it was an actual disgrace that he was allowed air time to spew his lies, without restraint.He goes on to state that if one has nothing to hide, they should show police their ID (and I guess answer their questions too). Which can only mean, Rob has steadfastly refused to speak to the Police for months because he has something to hide.

He goes on to talk about how he supports Community Programs and even played Cricket , yet his voting record clearly shows he and Rob were at times the only members of Council voting against grants to support Community Programs

A caller, concerned about not being able to vote because she is a permanent resident but not a citizen. He sympathized with her and went on about how hard working folks should be able to vote..but of course this is not something council controls. Yet he and Rob were vehemently against recommending extending the vote to non citizens, when council voted to send a recommendation to the Province,

I was so disgusted with this. Where was Matt Galloway!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back