284     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 522     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.5K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug just does not get the COI lawsuit does he. What a retard.

There are many in his world either as deluded or more, or equally able to ignore it. SAL (a "reporter" that was sent flowers from Rob's camping after he was elected in 2010, Graeme (Rob's "receptionist" on leave to work Rob's camping, now Doug's. A passive aggressive tweeter, on his 4th(?) 5th(?) Twitter handle), Doug himself, and dozens of FN have all in turns been taking baseless swipes.. He and Gavin still have to come up with a response *before* the election, That will be the shiniest turd we all have ever seen...

Jude was very thorough, very precise, very specific. This took years to put together, and should totally roast the Fords. Period. That they pretend not to get it, is irrelevant.

It's FU Nation against everyone else.

But in a race where ideas and oratory -- Soks and Goldkind -- can't get single digits of support, is it any wonder we worry that there may be enough FU out there to win?
It's sadly ironic that I'm having to hope at this point, that Ari doesn't garner too much support...and split the 'non-FU' vote. :\

There are many in his world either as deluded or more, or equally able to ignore it. SAL (a "reporter" that was sent flowers from Rob's camping after he was elected in 2010, Graeme (Rob's "receptionist" on leave to work Rob's camping, now Doug's. A passive aggressive tweeter, on his 4th(?) 5th(?) Twitter handle), Doug himself, and dozens of FN have all in turns been taking baseless swipes.. He and Gavin still have to come up with a response *before* the election, That will be the shiniest turd we all have ever seen...

Jude was very thorough, very precise, very specific. This took years to put together, and should totally roast the Fords. Period. That they pretend not to get it, is irrelevant.

Exactly. I think they are truly screwed. This is much more serious than the football foundation COI and he got lucky to escape this. Apollo and the printing company stuff will take them both down.

You are being disingenuous.

Folks, that's just the most political reply ever.

Exactly. I think they are truly screwed. This is much more serious than the football foundation COI and he got lucky to escape this. Apollo and the printing company stuff will take them both down.

The sad part is that, as Jude has pointed out, a citizen has to do this themselves and it takes a while to get through the pipe.

The most serious consequences are removal from office and the ban from running again but since (generally) it takes so long for these things to happen, it's almost never going to actually nail someone in the term in which they're sitting. In this case, Doug will likely be out of office, hunkered down in Chicago and, I think it's safe to say, no longer dreaming of running for anything again. IF Rob wins his ward and IF he's healthy by the time this comes to trial, he too could lose his seat and finally be banned from getting back in the game. I do want them nailed - after all his near misses, Rob certainly needs to get crushed in court already - but it might be kind of anti-climatic by the time it finally happens.

Joshua Humewood @joshhumewood
classy RT @EmilyDudette: Doug Ford walked up to Olivia Chow volunteers like a real bully and said:" You guys are wasting your time." #TOpoli

Classless as usual.

But that's impossible, didn't Doug say he gets along fine with everyone for example other councilors in their off hours? Like having lunch with far lefty councilors, presumably communists as well, he's just an all around nice guy right? Why would Doug do something like that, it'd be like he's saying one thing, but doing another. That's just...that would be Doug being untruthful or something. I think you folks are just being ignorant. Stop being so ignorant folks. ;)

RE: Chow. I don't agree with many of her policies and politics. However I actually like most of her transit plan, minus the Maria stories and the overemphasis on buses. LRT for Scarborough to me at least, makes much more sense than subways. How she presents those plans, and her campaign or those who advise her campaign so far, is wince inducing at times. She did do slightly better tonight I think, but I'm not sure if that's enough at this point.

Doug is flailing. At this point all he has left IMO is the class baiting, and dog whistle politics. He might be betting on a silent majority who shares his Grinchian outlook, and even though I'm a pessimist I hope it's a bet that will fizzle out for Doug come oct 27. Or it's all just another David Blaine distraction so people forget about Saint King Rob's planned return to Ward 2.

Wow, CP2Ford didn't beat around the bush. They showed Doug in a bad light and reported that Doug ran away from the media.

Last edited:
"Talks a lot but says very little" *is* a well-known English idiom - suggest you look it up, hmmm? Interestingly, it is actually Webster Dictionary's definition for "windbag". I exonerate Olivia of being a windbag, however - she's not merely talking with no substance. She does have an obfuscatory speaking style though, IMO. Unfortunate, as it does lose her support that I'd like to see her have. If she could make her points more clearly, I think she'd be polling much higher.

Would also appreciate it if you'd assist in keeping the tone of discussion respectful in this forum...I didn't find your post to be so. Unfortunate first impression...

That's a shame, you should pay more attention.

If you command respect then you first have to show respect. Welcome to the topic.

I do want them nailed - after all his near misses, Rob certainly needs to get crushed in court already - but it might be kind of anti-climatic by the time it finally happens.

Yep. We'll all probably wake up one morning in 2016, read that Rob Ford has been turfed from office on COI stuff and go, 'Oh, yeah, Rob Ford! Eeh, why bother?". Then we'll turn to the latest John Tory fuck-up and face palm the beginning of our day.

The wastewater item seems like the knockout punch to me, since they can't pretend they don't know they own Deco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back