8     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 367     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 651     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From today's radio interview. What is Jones (no, not that Jones) doing, sitting by the phone waiting for Doug to win the election?

ddale8 4:06pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford says he'll reinstate scandal-plagued TCHC CEO: "Gene Jones is coming back and we're going to straighten things out."

The "Wrongful Dismissal" insurance rider will be straightened out for sure.

Makes you wonder what kind of debts are owed to who for this reference to come back in to the debate - not even a campaign issue.

Last edited:
Let's refresh our memories.

"Mr. Rudner, who is Jewish, said he was particularly upset with Councillor Ford, his former employer at Deco, and his unwillingness to disavow that remark publicly, or any of the other slurs the mayor is alleged to have used to describe black people, Italians, gays and Pakistanis.

“He’s defending his brother, irrespective of what he does,” Mr. Rudner said. “Doug is the biggest disappointment to me.”
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...amily-firm-dealings/article18981567/?page=all

None of the Apollo stuff came up in council so they can't get nailed for it.

? I'm referring to the votes on fees for wastewater treatment that are identified in Jude's suit. Deco is a company that avails itself of this service. The Fords were in a direct conflict by participating in the discussion and votes on this item.

? I'm referring to the votes on fees for wastewater treatment that are identified in Jude's suit. Deco is a company that avails itself of this service. The Fords were in a direct conflict by participating in the discussion and votes on this item.

Ah - not up to speed on the suit. Thought you were referring to them helping Apollo get their pollution penalties reduced.

Just watched City News at 11. They showed Goldkind's comments and part of Doug's response, but not the doctor, dentist, lawyer comment. Can't believe they left that out, such a huge gaffe that warrant broadcast.

Did any other outlets air it on their 11 o'clock news?

CP2Ford showed it.

If you want to read more about Ford, this is excellent: http://goo.gl/lg6EPb

Lol, love this piece of revisionist history in which Ford is described as a long term thinker!

I've pulled out this lovely bit where the author conveniently forgets that Ford's transit platform involved building both the Sheppard and Scarborough subways by 2015. As in up and running in 2015. Nothing long term about that except the breadth of Ford's stupidity.

So while his enemies were clamouring in front of city hall, he was looking over their heads and into the far distance. His plan was to be mayor for two terms and to build subways at the expense of smaller frills, the frills his enemies saw as necessary and he saw as wasteful. In a powerful defence of the mayor, Sue-Ann Levy called the liberals on their bullying behaviour, but also said Ford “didn’t see the bigger picture.†I disagree. The bigger picture was to operate at the micro and macro ends of the scale, ends that are most concrete: to serve the taxpayer and to expand the subway system. His focus was on working and commuting suburbanites, those workers who keep Toronto functioning. Despite the resistance Ford encountered, I believe he would have been treated kindly by history. Like other cities with strong underground networks, the success of his plan would only become apparent in the aftermath. It’s too bad his illness has sidelined him.

Sorry fattiger, nothing excellent about this.

Ah - not up to speed on the suit. Thought you were referring to them helping Apollo get their pollution penalties reduced.

Bonus: Apollo also participates in the wastewater treatment program that the Fords voted on. Also in the suit.

Here's the full document for anyone who hasn't had a chance to read it. Hard to see how the Fords will get off this time.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199896 (scroll to the bottom)

Bonus: Apollo also participates in the wastewater treatment program that the Fords voted on. Also in the suit.

Here's the full document for anyone who hasn't had a chance to read it. Hard to see how the Fords will get off this time.

Just read it - they are pretty much fucked. Their only saving grace would be that the judge decides that the conflicts were relatively minor so no restrictions on running again (as with the last trial).

While I hope this one will actually stick. I'm amazed that the Fords have skated away for this long. Didn't the first COI Rob was actually nailed, but skated away on a technicality later on. The (first?!) crackgate scandal, even if I'm being generous and say Rob abusing drugs means he's probably got severe issues beyond just drug addictions, and sure he might need help on a human level. But it still doesn't change the fact that it makes him unfit for the job. He's still skating away on that one. Why didn't TPS stop and get a sample in that strange envelope exchange, why was Rob able to do those DUIs, how the hell did Rob get expedited background check with Blair. Knocking down a councilor while claiming it was pure accident, and there's video footage of MINO Rhino stampeding it up. I mean RoDofo is practically doing triple axles.

Hells yeah for Jude McDonald, but damn I'm really pessimistic about the wheels of justice catching up to the Fords, if I look at the past record of Rob and Thug skating away from any serious legal consequences.

animatronic said:
Their only saving grace would be that the judge decides that the conflicts were relatively minor so no restrictions on running again (as with the last trial).

And this is what is making me pessimistic. I can see the worst possibility happening of Rob and Doug getting tsk-tsked, some extra tight pearl clutching, and maybe a slapity slap on the wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back