344     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 483     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford
10 mins ·
FORD DOMINATES DEBATE: Get ready for Hater head explosions all afternoon and into the night. Rob Ford wiped the floor with John Tory at the Board of Trade today, taking Tory way off his game into fits of anger. Scored major points on the topics of LRTs, negative-option billing at Rogers, voting himself salary increases as an MP, "falling on his face" at Queen's Park, never stepping foot in community housing, and so much more. Rob did exactly what he needed to do: bloody up John Tory to get under his skin and show him as the fool. Which he is. FORD MORE YEARS!

I needed the laugh!

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 3s
Don't think Ford has ever taken a debate roasting like Tory gave him today. Was harder for his opponents in 2010, when they had less ammo.

That says something.

Ford wants a do-over debate. This time he'll be ready to burn Tory with, "Oh yeah? Well, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you."

So which Tory will then respond, "What difference does it make? You're their number one best seller!"

John Dee:

I am amused - let's see which candidate disappears to a place where even their campaign manager couldn't find them later today.

AoD

Last edited:
Ford wants a do-over debate. This time he'll be ready to burn Tory with, "Oh yeah? Well, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you."

So which Tory will then respond, "What difference does it make? You're their number one best seller!"

I hope at least one of the three other candidates knows CPR if they're going for a rematch.

AoD

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 40s
"I give the straight answers ... He's a ditherer" Rob Ford on John Tory #TOpoli

Back to the dithering again. Even Wormington said he shouldn't name call like that.

Josh Visser ‏@joshvisser 2m
Doug Ford thinks his brother's debate went 'really well.'

Josh Visser ‏@joshvisser 2m
Doug Ford thinks his brother's debate went 'really well.'

I'm looking forward to seeing the campaign office video they say they are going to release - I'm more and more amazed how much this guy can outright lie...

Who had "elitist crowd' in the pool?

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags · 4m
"Why don't you just go and talk to the kids," Ford says when asked about Don Bosco allegations. "I've answered those questions."

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags · 5m
Ford says he built Scarobough subway by compromising when asked about his plan for funding failing.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags · 6m
"That's the elitist crowd," Ford says of being jeered by today's debate crowd.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags · 8m
"This is the oldest news around," Ford says when asked if he'll speak to police in ongoing investigation of him. "Those days are gone."

Former Torontonian, still my favourite place. Wish I could vote but sadly cannot. I see the way this thing seems to be going and I really don't want John Tory to win.

The phrase "Rob Ford in a tuxedo" needs to make a comeback, stat.

Also wondering about some kind of coalition move between Chow and Soknacki that could turn the tide for progressively minded but undecided (and worried) voters. What could that look like? If momentum isn't behind her and her heart truly isn't in it, as some are saying, would she drop out and endorse him---is that conceivable? Would her machine then get behind him? I'm sure this scenario's far-fetched but God, so appealing.

Former Torontonian, still my favourite place. Wish I could vote but sadly cannot. I see the way this thing seems to be going and I really don't want John Tory to win.

The phrase "Rob Ford in a tuxedo" needs to make a comeback, stat.

Also wondering about some kind of coalition move between Chow and Soknacki that could turn the tide for progressively minded but undecided (and worried) voters. What could that look like? If momentum isn't behind her and her heart truly isn't in it, as some are saying, would she drop out and endorse him---is that conceivable? Would her machine then get behind him? I'm sure this scenario's far-fetched but God, so appealing.

Even combined, Soknacki & Chow's total voters barely poll at 2nd place above Ford.

Goldsbie said something about Doug Ford telling him the Ford team needs Chow to be doing better -- their only hope is a vote split. With support for one opposing candidate so high, Ford hasn't got a chance.

Imagine if ya will, a completely fictional scenario, just like most of what comes out of Fofam's mouth.

Rob: Oooh boy, that was a bit harsh today, those damn elitist birds.
Thug: What are ya talkin about, you did great out there today, you grilled them other turkeys good!
Rob:....really?
Thug: Yah for sure bro, come on go call Joey Worms, tell him we're going on a door to door camping sprint again and he better be bringing the gatorade this time.
Rob: Yeah awright Jones! Uh...hey Jones, can I ask you something?
Thug: Yeah Jones.
Rob:...uhm...why are you packing that much for Chicago, you told me it's just for a 2 week business trip right?
Thug:..Oh yeah, of course Jones, I'm not skipping town or anything, of course I'll be back, and you'll win this race with 99% of the votes, you'll see.
Rob: Thanks Jones, I needed that.
Thug: Anytime bro, now hand me that other suitcase will ya.
Rob: Yeah sure thing Jones, we're gonna win big aren't we bro?
Thug: Yeah of course Jones, of course we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back