106     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 346     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always believed that Doug pushed Rob to run for mayor so he could himself get into politics. Easy seat to win and then move on to MPP, just like dear old dad. Best brother ever.

I can only imagine the resentment Drug has towards Rob for effing it up. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for some of those conversations. I'm sure that he regularly reminds him of the fact that they could have coasted to another election win, if not for the neon claws of the pipe that grabbed Blob.

Rob seems...distracted this week. I wonder if there's a reason!

Hrrrmmmmmmmmm...I wonder alot of things, but I generally don't have anything to back it up.

I can only imagine the resentment Drug has towards Rob for effing it up. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for some of those conversations. I'm sure that he regularly reminds him of the fact that they could have coasted to another election win, if not for the neon claws of the pipe that grabbed Blob.

Hrrrmmmmmmmmm...I wonder alot of things, but I generally don't have anything to back it up.

I particularly liked it in the debate when Rob tried to invoke his father and nobody gave a shit.

I've always believed that Doug pushed Rob to run for mayor so he could himself get into politics. Easy seat to win and then move on to MPP, just like dear old dad. Best brother ever.

I think it's more that Rob was so pissed off at being the raving backbencher that no one listens to that he took a one-in-a-million chance and somehow actually won. Doug sat in as placeholder and was surprised when the campaign actually succeeded and Doug was forced to actually do stuff.

City Council was somewhere Rob could be kept away from Deco, while still garnering himself a decent paycheque and enough free time to coach, all while maintaining the Fords-in-Politics brand. It could be a life-long job, and it kept the problematic Robbie from turning into the next *spit* Kathy. That however, got turned on its head when Rob decided to run for Mayor. It screwed with Doug's plans for Deco and it screwed up Rob beyond belief. He thought it would be easy. He thought he'd be well-loved. He was wrong, and he knew that early on.

I think Doug lies about wanting to be in politics. He just says he wants to be premier in order to honour dear old dad. Otherwise, it'd have been him running for council 14 years ago instead of Rob.

I particularly liked it in the debate when Rob tried to invoke his father and nobody gave a shit.

Somebody should just tell him that his father is one term MPP who couldn't even get nominated again. Some role-model. And next time he goes all psychic he really should tell him his lesson in CoI sucked.

Come to think of it, maybe that's where the bitterness against the so called elites comes from - the Tory establishment who foiled their familial grand plans. Doug was almost gleeful about Hudak's loss (enema and all) this past June.

AoD

Last edited:
Kath Halloran ‏@lifeonqueen 9m
"So Sue-Ann Levy is in Israel and Joe Warmington is in Kiev."
"I see we're determined to destroy our international relationships."

Maybe Wormington can stay in Ukraine!

I hear as strongly as Doug defends Rob in public privately he's totally had it with him and Renata.

Somebody should just tell him that his father is one term MPP who couldn't even get nominated again. Some role-model. And next time he goes all psychic he really should tell him his lesson in CoI sucked.

AoD

And also ask for evidence of that Lake Ontario swim. We tried, and couldn't find any.

"As a youth, Mr. Ford was a championship swimmer and in 1954, at the age of 16, attempted the CNE marathon swim across Lake Ontario, alongside Marilyn Bell, who completed the distance."

In 1954 DoFo Sr would have been 21.

I hear as strongly as Doug defends Rob in public privately he's totally had it with him and Renata.

Renata too?
I would have thought that Renata would deeply hate RoFo's ample guts (IOW, not sticking her nose in defending RoFo when DoFo JR mercilessly berates him as he usually does)
Or is the suggestion that she is also an out if control waste case?

Renata too?
I would have thought that Renata would deeply hate RoFo's ample guts (IOW, not sticking her nose in defending RoFo when DoFo JR mercilessly berates him as he usually does)
Or is the suggestion that she is also an out if control waste case?

Probably both. Didn't sound like Renata had much love for Ford on the night of the McDonald-food assault/"you can **** my wife" incident....and he was ranting about his kids/family hating him. Somehow I can't picture Mrs. Doug inviting Mrs. Rob on any Yorkville shopping sprees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back