5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 727     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wondering about some kind of coalition move between Chow and Soknacki that could turn the tide for progressively minded but undecided (and worried) voters. What could that look like? If momentum isn't behind her and her heart truly isn't in it, as some are saying, would she drop out and endorse him---is that conceivable? Would her machine then get behind him? I'm sure this scenario's far-fetched but God, so appealing.

If Sok dropped out, his share (not that it's worth much) would be more likely to go to Tory, since they share conservative policies. If Chow dropped out, it would probably be to support the anti-Ford vote of Tory, not to waste it on Soknacki. But then why would Chow (24-28% drop out and suggest Sok (2-3%) get her share? It wouldn't make any sense at all.

If Sok dropped out, his share (not that it's worth much) would be more likely to go to Tory, since they share conservative policies.

The only thing that Soknacki and Tory have in common is that they both CALL themselves Conservative. Otherwise, Soknacki's policies are much closer to Chow's -- from the Scarborough LRT, to their tax incentives for small business, to their changes to the Land Transfer Tax (and Soknacki's are arguably more progressive).

I've always believed that Doug pushed Rob to run for mayor so he could himself get into politics. Easy seat to win and then move on to MPP, just like dear old dad. Best brother ever.

Their political aspirations aren't exactly hidden - though of course it was before the depth of his worship as a f*ckup of human being was blown wide, wide open. They're radioactive at this point, though never count out the ability of the unchewed to drink Kool-Aid.

AoD

I think this will go down as the week the scales finally tipped decisively against Ford. He took three big body blows - the Nanos poll, his leaked/farcical subway plan and the end of his debate dominance. He's not going to recover, but he is almost certainly going to make the next few weeks interesting.

Their political aspirations aren't exactly hidden - though of course it was before the depth of his worship as a f*ckup of human being was blown wide, wide open. They're radioactive at this point, though never count out the ability of the unchewed to drink Kool-Aid.

AoD
If Doug wasn't so selfish, Rob would have stayed a councillor until he retired, coaching football in his "spare" time. This is all Doug's fault, Singing Jimmy is right, Doug is a schemer. :D

Could be as simple as Renata's parents got a new car. Their mini-SUV was pretty old, IIRC

No one discusses it but I was told they employed a nanny. At least while MINO was in treatment. Probably too elitist to cop to. Could be a condition placed on the family by CAS in order to maintain custody of the kids. Wildly eyed speculatin'only

Last edited:
Rob seems...distracted this week. I wonder if there's a reason!

Of course there's a reason, Jimmi. Question is: does anybody have any idea what it might be? My (totally uninformed) guess is that he's taking some kind of sedative to help him deal with stress and mitigate the risk of relapse. What's yours? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back