147     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 959     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4.1K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I think that interview is the beginning of a long and difficult eight months for the Ford brothers. As a mayor you can refuse to answer questions, but as a candidate you're not given the same luxury.

"We'll see in the next election" is what Ford has always said. Well, this is the next election. So let's see.

Oh boy now I want to hear that audio

Per your request, the audio of campaign manager Doug Ford (who thinks his radio show was objective) is here, followed by the audio of Tory's announcement...
https://soundcloud.com/newstalk1010/untitled-audio-project

Gotta love a campaign manager who publicly insults a major media outlet early in the campaign.

Yeah, and the major outlet that gave him and his brother a bully pulpit for way too long. It's almost comic how he said he supports Mike Bendixen, but not the radio hosts. Rather amusing inversion of how he and Rob love the front line cops but not the chief. Sigh.

Last edited:
"David Snocki":rolleyes: Bye, bye, Ford troglodytes. Go disappear back into Daddy's business and leave decent people alone.
middle-finger.jpg

It's almost comic how he said he supports Mike Bendixen, but not the radio hosts. Rather amusing inversion of how he and Rob love the front line cops but not the chief. Sigh.

Doug Ford on Yelp: "The food here is terrible, the waiters are all assholes and I think I got food poisoning after I are here once. But it's a great little restaurant, best place, I absolutely love it. I eat here every week."

"David Snocki":rolleyes: Bye, bye, Ford troglodytes. Go disappear back into Daddy's business and leave decent people alone.
middle-finger.jpg

One of my favourite posts by 'Conslayer', from Star's readers comments:

Re. Ford nation in the next election. "No don't vote them out! Vote them into oblivion and set that place on fire!"

It's almost comic how he said he supports Mike Bendixen, but not the radio hosts. Rather amusing inversion of how he and Rob love the front line cops but not the chief. Sigh.

I think the "front-line" thing is just another of Rob & Doug's slogans with no connection to reality... I heard Doug saying it in person last week to a cab driver when council was voting on driver-owned cabs.

As I said in the other thread, John Tory officially running for mayor is at long last the final nail in the coffin of Rob Ford's political career. I can't even begin to describe just how relieved I am that Tory is running.

paraphrasing: "Are you getting right into the campaign on Monday now that someone like Tory is in the race?"
Doug: "Uh, we've been at it for... probably a whole year."

Isn't campaigning outside of the election cycle illegal? I know their radio show would be illegal if it was considered campaigning, for one, since you can't get free time on broadcast unless they offer it to every other candidate too.

Regardless of the legality of it, at least Doug admitted that they've been phoning it in for a long time and basically only care about getting re-elected instead of legitimately working for the city. Should have said "we're focused on running the city, not the campaign" Doug. At least pretend that you care.

Ya know, no matter what the Ford brothers do, crack or one of its derivatives make an appearance. For example, Robbie smokes crack, while Dougie's façade of sanity and relevance is cracking.

Didn't they do a PSA about just say no to crack?

Tory entering the race is no more of a competition in relation to the Fords than the advent of the telephone versus two tin cans and a piece of string.

Ford has been DEAD for ages now, but the narrative in the media is only just starting to reflect that.

Tory entering the race is no more of a competition in relation to the Fords than the advent of the telephone versus two tin cans and a piece of string.

Ford has been DEAD for ages now, but the narrative in the media is only just starting to reflect that.

Literally ran into Rob Ford exiting my gym at 08:00 this morning. 1) He looked very worried. 2) Shouldn't he be at work?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back