527     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 631     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much genetics involved in being a fatass in the general case, I'm afraid. They do it to themselves. Therefore, it's entirely acceptable to poke fun in my opinion.

Actually, genetics can be involved, and looking at the Ford family it seems they all have some issues with it. My issue with Ford (well, one of many) is that he seems terribly unhealthy. Doesn't mean we should fat shame his nephew. There are so many other things to criticize w/out making fun of his physical appearance.

He's probably pissed because he's been given the directive to show up in a suit whenever he visits city hall. Haven't these guys ever heard of business casual? There's decent clothing out there that isn't a) a suit or b) a sports jersey.

When George Bush was president, there was an ironclad rule of the George W. Bush administration — coat and tie in the Oval Office at all times. See link.

BTW. What world-wide organization still requires the wearing of the equivalent of the "three-piece business suit" of the 8th century? The church during mass by the clergy. The fashions have moved away from the chasuble to the three-piece suit, but its still the same.

Karen Stintz was just on CP24 complaining about the 7 years of an NDP government at City Hall before Ford. I don't have high hopes for her if she doesn't even know how party politics work, and that they aren't a part of city politics. Unless she's being disingenuous and intentionally misleading people, which is even worse.

Oh well, it's a moot point. Not like she's actually going to be a factor, outside of as yet another vote-splitting candidate on the right.

Actually, genetics can be involved

Can be but it's extremely rare. You gain weight by taking in more energy than you use, just as easy as that. The Fords all eat a lot of garbage.

It's probably "genetic" only in the sense that eating like shit is passed down from generation to generation. I think they probably consider themselves above home cooking.

Rob on his personal issues. I guess calling them issues is different than naming him an addict/alcoholic...

ddale8 11:13am via ScribbleLive
Agar: Am I being personal if I bring up videos and your drug and alcohol issues? Ford: "Do whatever you want. That's their prerogative."

Same interview

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 31s
Agar: Can you promise us four years as mayor without any more embarrassing videos? Ford, slight pause: "Talk is cheap."

Can be but it's extremely rare. You gain weight by taking in more energy than you use, just as easy as that. The Fords all eat a lot of garbage.

It's probably "genetic" only in the sense that eating like shit is passed down from generation to generation. I think they probably consider themselves above home cooking.

Well, we really don't know do we? This kid didn't have the best go in life considering the issues (to put it mildly) that his parents have/had.

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba 53m
Stintz: "I know there are ways we can fund that portion of the downtown relief line without going to people and asking them to pay more"

Haven't we been down this road before, Karen?

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba 53m
Stintz: "I know there are ways we can fund that portion of the downtown relief line without going to people and asking them to pay more"

Haven't we been down this road before, Karen?
Yep.
"The Mayor just voted against dedicating revenues to transit. I wonder how he will build subways?" - Karen Stintz, May 2013 https://twitter.com/karenstintz/status/332595995047231488

Agreed that weight is ultimately a function of taking in more calories than you expend, and that environment is a significant factor, but is there not a genetic component to the rate at which we burn energy?

More relevantly, though, if the Fords are actually trying to nudge a 22-year old who hasn't yet finished college into running for the Ward 2 council seat, it sure comes across to my not-very-Ford-friendly eyes as treating the area like their personal fiefdom. I'm bothered when the children of politicians get a boost into office because of their parents' names, but I do believe that Mike Layton and Adam Vaughan, for example, at least had a strong interest of their own in municipal governance. Michael Ford, not so much. Admittedly, though, I have no idea how seriously that is being considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back