501     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 620     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think they've been expecting this announcement for months?

Maybe, but nothing done in opposition to the Fords is complete without a public display of spluttering offendedness. The nerve of 1010, giving Tory a platform to announce that! The insolence of Tory, turning against them like that! Don't people know that the right side of the Toronto political spectrum and its attendant talk radio sphere are the Fords' personal fiefdom! None shall pass!

Did anyone pick up what Doug Ford said there -- seems Nick Kouvalis is refusing to give up the voter list that they built in the last election. If Tory has that, that could be HUGE. It's basically a black book for Ford nation. A couple well placed robocalls to that list and Tory could fire shots right at the heart of Ford's base.

Yes, Doug, working for you would give someone a bad reputation (not commenting on anything Kouvalis has done, only the hypocrisy of the Fords).

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 9m
Doug on Kouvalis working for Tory: "I think Nick Kouvalis has his own reputation to worry about, and that's not a very good reputation."

Last edited:
Literally ran into Rob Ford exiting my gym at 08:00 this morning. 1) He looked very worried. 2) Shouldn't he be at work?.

He is at work. In the world of Rob Ford, workouts at the gym are "constituency visits":

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 58m
Mayor Rob Ford has constituency visits today and is supposed to be at City Hall this afternoon, according to his spokesman #TOpoli

Glad to finally see a worthy candidate in the running. Hope more to come soon. I'd like to get back to the good old days of worrying whether the likes of David Miller or John Tory should be mayor.

I am well aware of the fact that criticizing someone for their outward appearance is shitty, and that the following sentence makes me a shitty person, but holy cow that family has some unfortunate genetics.

Not much genetics involved in being a fatass in the general case, I'm afraid. They do it to themselves. Therefore, it's entirely acceptable to poke fun in my opinion.

I am well aware of the fact that criticizing someone for their outward appearance is shitty, and that the following sentence makes me a shitty person, but holy cow that family has some unfortunate genetics.

I don't find anything objectionable/remarkable about his appearance in that respect (he's Kathy and Ennio's kid, right?), but he doesn't seem to have a bright expression on his face in any of those pictures.

The Ford bros were counting on two terms each, but since that seems unlikely they're putting forward names almost at random: 'Uh, Mikey! Karla? One of Doug's girls?'

I don't find anything objectionable/remarkable about his appearance in that respect (he's Kathy and Ennio's kid, right?), but he doesn't seem to have a bright expression on his face in any of those pictures.

The Ford bros were counting on two terms each, but since that seems unlikely they're putting forward names almost at random: 'Uh, Mikey! Karla? One of Doug's girls?'

He's probably pissed because he's been given the directive to show up in a suit whenever he visits city hall. Haven't these guys ever heard of business casual? There's decent clothing out there that isn't a) a suit or b) a sports jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back