822     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 743     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 314     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry that we will all be sucked into this very polite city civil war and while we're all yelling and screaming at each other over rehab, small slivers of parkland and bike lanes, the rest of the world's cities will be innovating and competing and solving their own problems as Toronto slides into irrelevance. We will fall decades behind. That will be the saddest legacy in this fiasco.

I worry that we will all be sucked into this very polite city civil war and while we're all yelling and screaming at each other over rehab, small slivers of parkland and bike lanes, the rest of the world's cities will be innovating and competing and solving their own problems as Toronto slides into irrelevance. We will fall decades behind. That will be the saddest legacy in this fiasco.

Here, here!

Now's not the time to get angry over the statements- the Fords playing the political game, as he should. Now's the time to rebute his points and spread the truth around- if people learn about the truths butchered in each of their statements, they can better make their own judgement of his actions.

Here's a good start:
http://torontoist.com/2013/05/the-rob-and-doug-ford-radio-recap-2/

Another interesting note from Kinsella's website:
I don’t think the Ford brothers are looking for more votes. Rather, I suspect that their goal is to solidify their base, which already assumes that the press are full of liars. As for those voters who don’t vote for them, they have essentially said that they don’t care about these people.

In the 1970s, Pat Buchanan wrote an infamous memo to Richard Nixon in which he recommended that the Republican Party actively seek to split the Old Roosevelt Coalition. The strategy, Buchanan wrote, “(would) cut the Democratic Party and country in half; my view is that we would have far the larger half.” The Ford’s, I believe, are using a comparable strategy. Instead of seeking to unify Toronto, they are actively going to war with one half of the city, on the belief that their slice of the electoral pie will be bigger on voting day.
http://warrenkinsella.com/2013/05/in-sundays-sun-for-the-love-god-just-go/#comments

Anyways, any predictions for the crackstarter? It's barely moved.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the hash driveway from Trailer Park Boys.
8TNWL.jpg
Could Doug have been clever enough to pull off something similar at the Ford Family home?

On a somewhat related note--a water main burst on Edenbridge Dr today. I wonder if Rob's home got flooded?

[video=youtube;VuYvKLZXKhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuYvKLZXKhI[/video]

Attachments

• 8TNWL.jpg
    8TNWL.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,541
McGuinty and his party has absolutely destroyed this province by running up a bigger accumulated deficit than California which is thrice the size.

For those unaware, Ontario has $260 billion in debt which has doubled under his watch. This is beyond disgraceful. It is tragic for our province and our children and grand children who will be unfairly shouldered with the burden

Do a little homework and you'll find California is more like a $trillion in debt. Imagine even how much more debt they would have if they had to fund things like, oh I dunno...universal health care costs?

Having to read dogmatic conservative fiscal opinions gives me eye cancer.

So...I hears Rob Ford saying he has saved Toronto $1 billion?? (which in his opinion has never been done in any city in the world)

Is he on crack or something?

Someone care to explain that one to me.

The Crackstarter is now picking up pace once more as it is down to the final 32 hours. It also made it to Indiegogo's front page. It is now at $179,527. The average needed per hour is at $650 or $10.83 per minute.

I've given up home. Don't think Gawker will be able to contact the owner.

Hopefully the UT Member (forgot the user name) was correct when he said that one of his friends told him that the owner would appear when the Crackstarter reaches $200,000.

FWIW I consider myself extremely liberal and pro culture. I pay a lot of taxes in this city and just want fair service for my family in exchange and under Miller's regime I felt that spending was out of control and the garbage strike was the last straw for me. I also am a big supporter of the island airport which he tried to kill. So Ford did a good job and addressing my concerns though I believe John Tory would have been much better.

CN Tower: just a little reminder--to call yourself "pro culture" while linking to Canada Free Press is like embracing this as domestic architecture. View attachment 13108

Hopefully the UT Member (forgot the user name) was correct when he said that one of his friends told him that the owner would appear when the Crackstarter reaches $200,000.

You've given up your house? Don't you watch Dragons' Den? They always tell pitchers not to mortgage their homes to fund their ideas.

Unless there's a major development in this story tomorrow morning or John Cook makes contact with the owner, it won't reach its goal. Even with yesterday's craziness, it barely moved. Who knows... maybe Gawker will top it off?

In a CBC interview with the STAR's Kevin Donovan this morning - Donovan said that they are still in contact with the middle man but that the owner had "gone to ground" but Dononvan did not find that unusual saying that this has happened before during the months that they have been investigating this story. Donovan confirmed that the Star is "working to obtain the video".

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video...c5889-d341-4f43-a549-e9c2782db8d5%7c%7c%7c%7c

With less than $20,000 to go and 30 hours remaining I don't think it should be hard to reach the $200K goal and unless the owner of the video has been killed I would be surprised if he didn't turn up to claim his $200,000 in LEGAL money! All that the owner needs to do is pick up the phone and contact a good Lawyer on Bay street and they will take care of everything.

Do a little homework and you'll find California is more like a $trillion in debt. Imagine even how much more debt they would have if they had to fund things like, oh I dunno...universal health care costs?

Having to read dogmatic conservative fiscal opinions gives me eye cancer.

So...I hears Rob Ford saying he has saved Toronto $1 billion?? (which in his opinion has never been done in any city in the world)

Is he on crack or something?

Someone care to explain that one to me.

The State portion of California's debt is NOWHERE near "a $trillion". Care to back up your ridiculous little claim?

The truth is Ontario has a bigger provincial budget than California's state budget.... with only 1/3rd the ppl. Quite the achievement, considering our provincial government is running a double digit deficit.

In a CBC interview with the STAR's Kevin Donovan this morning - Donovan said that they are still in contact with the middle man but that the owner had "gone to ground" but Dononvan did not find that unusual saying that this has happened before during the months that they have been investigating this story. Donovan confirmed that the Star is "working to obtain the video".

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video...c5889-d341-4f43-a549-e9c2782db8d5%7c%7c%7c%7c

With less than $20,000 to go and 30 hours remaining I don't think it should be hard to reach the $200K goal and unless the owner of the video has been killed I would be surprised if he didn't turn up to claim his $200,000 in LEGAL money! All that the owner needs to do is pick up the phone and contact a good Lawyer on Bay street and they will take care of everything.

No tape will ever be found. Ever. This is grounds for a very big lawsuit.

It's is extremely pathetic making such accusation when you don't have the alleged video in your possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back