873     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 782     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 327     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to bet Mammoliti is involved. He stinks of organized crime.
Your posts stinks of wild and baseless accusation, with a hint of racism and two hints of stereotyping.

on what basis does Doug Ford have in saying that other councillors can't find a job outside City Hall, vis-a-vis his brothers and his own employment record.
There is no basis. Just part of Doug lashing out wildly at his perceived enemies.

Might be the dumbest thing I heard him say today.

You just have to look at those high school photos to know they are just the biggest assholes.
All it tells me is how they looked in high school.

The State portion of California's debt is NOWHERE near "a $trillion". Care to back up your ridiculous little claim?

Of course I will

You do realize state and provincial governments aren't structured in the same way?????

Lots of things are not on the "state" books like they are in Ontario. And lots of things Ontario is responsible for that states are not (like universal health care)

Such as
...k-12 public school districts...add $50 billion.
Redevelopment agencies & special districts, add another $110 billion.
Local state governments (city/county) have to be included as they can borrow for operational budgets while Ontario municipalities cannot....add another $90 billion.

The real clincher is all the unfunded government worker liabilities (retirement, healthcare, etc)...approaching $500 billion!!

And then there's all the infrastructure that needs funding that hasn't been.

Your posts stinks of wild and baseless accusation, with a hint of racism and two hints of stereotyping.

Yeah it was a wild and baseless accusation. That was the point.

How am I being racist? I'm assuming that you're assuming that I'm assuming that he is Italian (an assumption about my assumptions which would not be incorrect) and because of that I'm assuming that all Italians are involved in organized crime because that's how you assume that I assume Italians are often assumed to be in the media. Please don't be offended if my assumptions of your assumptions are wrong.(I'm obviously not taking this too seriously, but I assume you've assumed that already).

Anyways, to that I respond: what identifiable ethnic group hasn't been sterotyped to be part of organized crime? Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Caucasians (and just about any other group) have stereotypes attached to them regarding organized crime. You could assume that I was using racial assumptions regardless of the race of Councillor Mammoliti.

Now the questions is whether or not whether or not racial assumptions that are applied to all groups can be assumed to be racist

I have no clue what I've just written. Don't worry if you don't either. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Of course I will

You do realize state and provincial governments aren't structured in the same way?????

Lots of things are not on the "state" books like they are in Ontario. And lots of things Ontario is responsible for that states are not (like universal health care)

Such as
...k-12 public school districts...add $50 billion.
Redevelopment agencies & special districts, add another $110 billion.
Local state governments (city/county) have to be included as they can borrow for operational budgets while Ontario municipalities cannot....add another $90 billion.

The real clincher is all the unfunded government worker liabilities (retirement, healthcare, etc)...approaching $500 billion!!

And then there's all the infrastructure that needs funding that hasn't been.

You are making the numbers up. Provide stats and links to back them up.

As for your "clincher".... do you think there no unfunded liabilities in Ontario? Even the teacher's pension plan (one of the best run anywhere) has massive projected shortfalls.

wow, dramatic language! i see you're on an extra dose of testosterone today.

ps., an iPhone does not record tape.

Tape, iphone, satellite imagery....nothing will be found of Rob Ford "smoking crack".

I was no particular supporter of Rob Ford, however, I guarantee he will win another term, by a larger margin than the last time. I wonder if some of the people in here have thought of that. Like a nightmare for them.

Do you really need to be that anal. You know what people mean by 'tape'.

As a matter of fact I do.

It’s a categorically, ontologically incorrect way to describe the object in question. The word 'tape' implies that there is a single copy. Which according to Mr “Future Builder†will “Never be found. Everâ€. As if it’s a VHS tied to a rock at the bottom of Lake Ontario or something. For all he knows this file could be sitting on Dropbox and backed up on an infinite number of hard drives already.

The point is, the whole idea that a copy hasn’t been made is laughable.

You are making the numbers up. Provide stats and links to back them up.

As for your "clincher".... do you think there no unfunded liabilities in Ontario? Even the teacher's pension plan (one of the best run anywhere) has massive projected shortfalls.

See below:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...nias-actual-debt-set-at-848b-could-pass-1-1t/

No tape will ever be found. Ever. This is grounds for a very big lawsuit.

It's is extremely pathetic making such accusation when you don't have the alleged video in your possession.

Perhaps he should go that route? I mean afterall, one does have to wonder why they didn't decide to sue from day one, given the gravity of the accusations. It will be MOST interesting to see what happens when all the evidence relating to the case is brought before the court. I for one can't wait.

AoD

Last edited:
I guarantee he will win another term, by a larger margin than the last time.

The most recent poll has him losing to practically any plausible opponent. One on one, he would lose to Chow, Tory, or Stinz. I don't see why that portends a landslide by Ford, especially since that poll was taken before all the current allegations.

Data is your friend. (Well, technically data "are" your friends, unless one is speaking of a Star Trek character...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back