205     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 706     1 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 472     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Some of my friends tell me they (everybody) knew about it. The news is the Doug's hypocrisy is now exposed. The news is that they hired a past gang member to work in their office and nobody knows what he does. This is going to get bigger folks.

If everybody in Etobicoke knew that these guys were drug dealers and thugs, as well as pretending to be anti-drugs and tough on drug crimes, yet they voted for them, in huge numbers, what the hell does that say about the people in Etobicoke? Are they all smoking crack out there? If true, that is pretty disturbing and pathetic. People will now gladly vote for well known, former drug dealers, who are complete hypocrites? (and hire their former drug dealing associates to work for them at city hall) That is major f**ked-up!

Last edited:
I thank the Globe and Mail today.

I'm so glad that it was the Globe and Mail that broke this, and not the Star. With the Star, Neo Cons can simply claim it's a liberal conspiracy to undermine the Ford's credibility. But only the most hardcore Neo Cons could ever consider the Globe and Mail a 'liberal' paper, so that retort (however false it may have be) is thrown out the window. The only 2 papers that could have been more damaging to that retort would have been the National Post and the Sun.

If everybody in Etobicoke knew that these guys were drug dealers and thugs, as well as pretending to be anti-drugs and tough on drug crimes, yet they voted for them, in huge numbers, what the hell does that say about the people in Etobicoke? Are they all smoking crack out there. If true, that is pretty disturbing and pathetic. People will now gladly vote for known former drug dealers who are complete hypocrites?

When he says "everyone" I presume he means anyone with any connections to the drug trade. (which in reality, is upward of 20% of the population) anyone who buys pot in etobicoke for a significant amount time will likely have heard stories. But the old ladies in the retirement homes and the scores of oblivious parents? they won't know crap. It also just so happens that these are the people who show up to vote in the largest numbers.

When he says "everyone" I presume he means anyone with any connections to the drug trade. (which in reality, is upward of 20% of the population) anyone who buys pot in etobicoke for a significant amount time will likely have heard stories. But the old ladies in the retirement homes and the scores of oblivious parents? they won't know crap. It also just so happens that these are the people who show up to vote in the largest numbers.

Indeed. And different people hear different rumours about the different siblings. People from central Etobicoke (where I happened to grow up) aren't walking around with an exhaustive encyclopaedic knowledge of the Ford family escapades. It's stuff that's enough to raise one's eyebrow but not necessarily to damn someone. This Globe piece goes way beyond what the average person from Etobicoke knows.

I think the article's great mostly because it paints this vivid picture of life in Etobicoke during the "Freaks and Geeks" era.

It also makes me feel good to be living in a community where people have a lot of education and no money, rather than a community where people have a lot of money and no education.

It may have been futile, but I just donated another $5 to the campaign. That said, despite cracking the $170,000 mark, it is clear that the momentum has died. If current trends continue, which I am not saying will happen but is a possibility, I don't expect it to hit the $200K mark - at least without Gawker covering the difference.

It may have been futile, but I just donated another $5 to the campaign. That said, despite cracking the $170,000 mark, it is clear that the momentum has died. If current trends continue, which I am not saying will happen but is a possibility, I don't expect it to hit the $200K mark - at least without Gawker covering the difference.

if the seller doesn't poke his head up, forget it.

I listened to about two minutes of his "interview" with Bill Carroll and had to turn it off. Bill did everything but blow him on air.

680 interviewer: "Who in high school didn't do stuff"

Since when was running a large criminal drug trafficking ring considered normal high school "stuff"? I'm so sick of 680.

The Ford's need to be sat in front of two real journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back