144     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 327     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 688     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Some of my friends tell me they (everybody) knew about it. The news is the Doug's hypocrisy is now exposed. The news is that they hired a past gang member to work in their office and nobody knows what he does. This is going to get bigger folks.

No offense, but blaming the mother and not the father? That's pretty sexist.
Not assuming I blame the father? That's pretty ignorant! I'd like an apology, rather than a personal attack.

I've previously made comments about Doug Ford Senior being a bad father. I don't see anything that changes what I've previously said about him. He's been dead for years, and can no longer speak to his wrong. Dianne Ford still runs around putting forward this family image.

his supporters/sponsors might have some explaining to do however.
Given that there's been whispers for ages about Doug Ford's past ... I think Tim Hudak has some explaining to do.

MetroMan:

I think the one thing that the Globe and Mail article did was fleshing out clearly what his roles were - none of the rumors I have heard over the years went much beyond claims that his family has significant involvement with drugs.

nfitz:

Not assuming I blame the father? That's pretty ignorant! I'd like an apology, rather than a personal attack.

No offense, an apology won't be forthcoming. The way you composed your posting is highly problematic, and of all people you should be most keenly aware of that.

AoD

Last edited:
So how big of a drug operation could one run in Etobicrack in the 1980s without having to pay off organized crime?

Though on the other hand, how small of a variety store were also having to pay off organized crime ...

Same here. Some of my friends tell me they (everybody) knew about it. The news is the Doug's hypocrisy is now exposed. The news is that they hired a past gang member to work in their office and nobody knows what he does. This is going to get bigger folks.

By in their office, do you mean in City Hall?

No offense, an apology won't be forthcoming. The way you composed your posting is highly problematic, and of all people you should be most keenly aware of that.
What's shocking here, is that previously when I blamed the father and not the mother, you failed to point out I was being sexist. The irony is delicious!

I'll edit my post on the off-chance that anyone else has similar concerns.

From Twitter:

Jackson Proskow ‏@JProskowGlobal 34m

BREAKING: Doug Ford tells Global News "You’re lower than a bunch of f****** politicians. Makes me sick." before hanging up the phone.
___

Takes a drug dealer to say that, and I thought we can't trust them?

AoD

Doug Ford denies allegations:
The newspaper cites numerous anonymous sources as part of its 18-month investigation into the Ford family. 680News has not verified the allegations in the Globe article.

A lawyer representing Doug Ford, however, denies the allegations in the article.

Ford told CityNews he had not read the article in its entirety but that it was disgusting.

Ford then called the media sleaze balls and said the whole situation was “absolutely sickening.â€
Source with video: http://www.680news.com/2013/05/25/newspaper-reports-doug-ford-sold-hash-in-the-1980s/

This is going to be good. Sit back and enjoy.

This is exactly the reaction I wanted him to have. I was fearful that he would say that it was "a dark point" in his life and that he's moved on. If he said that, he would have gained the sympathies of Toronto and the media and the story would have been buried.

But now that he's saying things like, "You’re lower than a bunch of f****** politicians. Makes me sick", this story will surely be in the media for a long time. Thanks Doug

This is exactly the reaction I wanted him to have. I was fearful that he would say that it was "a dark point" in his life and that he's moved on. If he said that, he would have gained the sympathies of Toronto and the media and the story would have been buried.

But now that he's saying things like, "You’re lower than a bunch of f****** politicians. Makes me sick", this story will surely be in the media for a long time. Thanks Doug

Bless Doug Ford. Its a non story and the Globe knows that. The story will become Doug's reaction and or whatever ties the family still has to organized crime.

The Ford's, live in LaLa Land, which divorced even from their own reality. Any attack, no matter, how truthful can never be admitted to. "Yah - I rebelled in my teens and have spent the last 30 years becoming a civic leader, fighting against organized crime."

There is some shady stuff about this Ford family, there are more skeletons in their closet.

Oh yes, I suspect, this is only the tip of the ice burg. It seems like the whole family is a bunch of thugs. And these are the guys who want to get tough on crime and put drug dealers away? I think this story destroys any credibility these guys have had, even with the delusional "Ford Nation".

Bless Doug Ford. Its a non story and the Globe knows that. The story will become Doug's reaction and or whatever ties the family still has to organized crime.

The Ford's, live in LaLa Land, which divorced even from their own reality. Any attack, no matter, how truthful can never be admitted to. "Yah - I rebelled in my teens and have spent the last 30 years becoming a civic leader, fighting against organized crime."

Yup, there have been many politicians that have had 'unfortunate' pasts, and have come clean on it and had decent political careers. Heck, Mark Sanford went to Argentina to get laid while he was married and still in office, and he just won a seat in Congress! And then there's Dubya and Smitherman who had drug pasts.

Presumably all of this didn't happen when Doug was in office, so he could easily take the Dubya route and come clean about it, and say that he's tried to better himself since that time. But instead he decided to take the Mel Gibson rant route.

Gossip doesnt' travel from North Etobicoke to Cabbagetown very quickly, it seems to me.

Quite seriously, a friend / neighbour who works at City Hall told me after the election about the drug allegations, and the rumours since then have all pertained to Rob, not Doug.

Now, I just want both of them to resign.

There is the bright side: both Fords are done like dinner.

I thank the Globe and Mail today.

I would also argue that attention spans now are even shorter, i.e. Anthony Weiner. It becomes clearer and clearer that the Fords are some sort of animotron robots - they simply are programmed to say 5 or 6 different lines. "Fighting for taxpayers" "stopping the gravy train" "the media out to get us"

It'll be interesting to see how quickly the real conservatives (Harper, Flaherty and Hudak abandon ship). If Harper watched his number one soldier (Nigel Wright) go down over 90K no way any elected Tory sticks to the Fords at this point. They're toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back