207     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 191     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 406     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been futile, but I just donated another $5 to the campaign. That said, despite cracking the $170,000 mark, it is clear that the momentum has died. If current trends continue, which I am not saying will happen but is a possibility, I don't expect it to hit the $200K mark - at least without Gawker covering the difference.

Hopefully that happens. It'll be better if Gawker went out looking with the money in hand, rather than hope that the dealer will pop up again.

The logic of ford nation:
So what he sold hash? The president of the United States admitted to marijuana usage… and hes the president not a Councillor.

These guys are rediculous.

There is a huge difference between smoking marijuana, which is more or less socially acceptable in Canada, and selling hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of hash to drug dealers in Etobicoke.

The Ford's wanted to be just like average Joes, setting on the porch chaw'n on some grass like does the common folk. Shame they couldn't rebrand themselves better. And that is the problem, isn't it?

We all have pasts, but trying to reinvent history and getting caught, especially if your in politics can go either way. In this case it is priceless, unlike the video.

To take a page out of the Fords' playbook, I'll use a sports euphemism, the Star and Globe have delivered a "one-two combo". IMHO Robbie is still mayor because of his support system, and this the right cross that may get the TKO. ;)

I'm so happy right now.

Last edited:
Strictly a personal experience: just before I clicked my iPad on this morning, to skim all the journals, I was dreading the thought of seeing a gross Ford mug staring at me from the screen yet again, it's getting so tired !!! I chose the online Globe and Mail and saw the 'Ford=drug dealing' stuff first, and I just jumped for joy because of the change of channels. The dowside is that there was still a gross Ford drug-thug mug staring at me.

Then the print edition G&M arrived and I had it on my dining table for a while; those two gross faces at once. Not before long, it was mealtime and those faces were facing downward, it was too much to take for this thin, pinko, downtown, black-turtneck-wearing, bike-riding, sensitive type.

The Ford's wanted to be just like average Joes, setting on the porch chaw'n on some grass like does the common folk. Shame they couldn't rebrand themselves better. And that is the problem, isn't it?

We all have pasts, but trying to reinvent history and getting caught, especially if your in politics can go either way. In this case it is priceless, unlike the video.

To take a page out of the Fords' playbook, I'll use a sports euphemism, the Star and Globe have delivered a "one-two combo". IMHO Robbie is still mayor because of his support system, and this the right cross that may get the TKO. ;)

I'm so happy right now.

They're like shitty Jay Gatsbys in a way aren't they.

Who in high school didn't get arrested for kidnapping?

And who in high school is in their 20s?

The paragraph that stuck out for me was

There’s nothing on the public record that The Globe has accessed that shows Doug Ford has ever been criminally charged for illegal drug possession or trafficking. But some of the sources said that, in the affluent pocket of Etobicoke where the Fords grew up, he was someone who sold not only to users and street-level dealers, but to dealers one rung higher than those on the street. His tenure as a dealer, many of the sources say, lasted about seven years until 1986, the year he turned 22. “That was his heyday,” said “Robert,” one of the former drug dealers who agreed to an interview on the condition he not be identified by name.

So he is alleged to have become a drug linchpin at 15......presumably with a few years of high school to go.

Doug seems to be doing a denial tour of various media outlets, vigorously contesting the Globe's claims. I have no idea what this means about the story's accuracy, but the contrast to his brother's non-response to the crack thing is pretty remarkable.

I was hoping he would deny it because The Globe has actual evidence. Expect further details over next week that are going to confirm Doug Ford is a liar.

I have no idea what this means about the story's accuracy, but the contrast to his brother's non-response to the crack thing is pretty remarkable.
There's been little indication that Doug has ever had the substance abuse issues that Rob has, and I'd guess doesn't have similar recent issues buried in his closet. His ambition is to be an MPP. He's not selling this to me and you ... he's selling this to Tim "I'm a bit out of touch" Hudak.

I'm so glad that it was the Globe and Mail that broke this, and not the Star. With the Star, Neo Cons can simply claim it's a liberal conspiracy to undermine the Ford's credibility. But only the most hardcore Neo Cons could ever consider the Globe and Mail a 'liberal' paper, so that retort (however false it may have be) is thrown out the window. The only 2 papers that could have been more damaging to that retort would have been the National Post and the Sun.

Does the Sun even have a newsroom that does investigative reporting anymore? It look the Globe over 18 months of investigating, research, and verification to produce their story.

I was hoping he would deny it because The Globe has actual evidence. Expect further details over next week that are going to confirm Doug Ford is a liar.

Sorry, you know they're going to drop hard evidence later in the week as fact? Or you're just hoping?

douglas_ford_park.png

Douglas B. Ford Park, located at 1521 Royal York Road, was renamed from Weston Woods Park, officially on May, 2010.

in honour of his (Doug Ford Sr.) significant contributions to the City of Toronto.

088726f545b2b8611cba4bf15bed.jpeg

Should we consider renaming the park back to its original name, or some other name?

I can never tell when you're speculating or communicating insider info...

Doug seems to be doing a denial tour of various media outlets, vigorously contesting the Globe's claims. I have no idea what this means about the story's accuracy, but the contrast to his brother's non-response to the crack thing is pretty remarkable.

That is amazing news. Not only will it be the perfect foil for comparing Rob's "denial", but in his anger he will hopefully lodge his foot in his mouth. He already got a good start with his "fucking politicians" remark. The funniest thing about that is that it was Global News - i'm sure he stopped listening at hearing "Globe" and freaked out - why else would he be snapping at them?? Are they both part of the same umbrella corp?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back