19     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 223     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 520     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of underwhelmed as well, mainly because speculation was about his sister's boyfriend supplying him with whatever drugs he was using. I thought the story would at least tie into the more recent allegations. As is though, this article will seriously damage his brother's reputation and add further suspicion to Ford as well. This whole thing is giving me serious flashbacks to season five of the Wire (newsroom wise). Real journalism is taking over the city right now.

Just read this. Not sure how thrilling I find it. I'd much rather see these kind of investigative resources deployed against what the mayor and his brother are up to now, which only the Star and Gawker seem to be interested in.

I agree. This is not the huge "bombshell" that I was expecting. Nothing involving Rob just his siblings. The most sensational details concern his sister Kathy but these facts were already known long ago. I do think that this will finish off any chances Doug has to run for Provincial office.

Still, I am glad to see someone other than The Star standing up to the Fords and asking tough questions of them.

Now what we need is the Globe to do the same regarding Rob's alleged present-day extra-curricular activities.

Seeing Doug staring the media down and standing in such a threatening manner yesterday while Rob spoke was like a page out of Chicago politics. Add to that the dude with the recording who appears to be MIA, both Ford's appearing so emboldened during the press conference and drugs the common thread, it makes this whole affair truly disturbing.
I suppose the good news is that 'Doug the thug' is done at the Provincial level before it even started, well done Globe. Deco labels is in his future, or as a night guard at Shoppers Drug Mart.
The smart one is down, the teflon one yet to go. For the sake of us all I really hope a copy of the recording is safely backed up on a Cloud, sitting in someone's inbox as an attachment or up on a video hosting service.

Last edited:
Veracity of this latest report aside for a second, one of the amusing things we'll get to observe over the next few days is the ever-widening circle of what Ford Nayshun deems acceptable, 'regular Joe' behaviour that shows how Rob and Doug are just like the rest of us.

'Who doesn't spark a rock of crack now and then?'
'Who wasn't a mid-level drug dealer in the 80s?'

Guys and gals,

The thumbscrews are still there for the Fords !!! The Globe and Mail has wrecked their day. I'm glad the G&M has caught on. The Star blew it, that's for sure.

Maybe watching crackstarter is worthwhile after all.

First off - it was Doug Holyday doing the clipping, not Doug Ford.

Secondly... wheeeeee! Oh, I hope this gives the crackstarter another bump. I know a few drug users and all say it's more likely to be opiates or meth in that pipe based on his behaviour. Hadn't thought of Hash, but given Ford's ties that makes it most likely...

Thirdly, Doug's ties don't bode well for that tape surviving. I don't put a lot of faith in the drug dealer(s) keeping multiple backups, unfortunately. $200K going to a substance abuse assistance clinic is fine by me, *just in case* that is true.

All in all, I hope this creates some cracks. Doug Ford is going to be facing more questions now, which will maybe make it harder for him to take shit on his brother's behalf. What we really need now, though, is an expose on just where the fuck Rob Ford is going during his "private time". It would be amazing if The Star was actually tailing him all this time and ran their own "Here's what Rob Ford has been doing" expose!

First off - it was Doug Holyday doing the clipping, not Doug Ford.

A Councillor clipping fingernails in the Council Chamber is not only a new low and disrespectful to the Chamber, but just plain gross. Some people get away with filing their nails in inappropriate places too, it's just as gross.

How the Mayor has got off the hook so easily by not releasing his schedule is really surprising, especially with his questionable absences, disappearing routines, couching duties and it goes on. What happened to transparency and respect for the taxpayer?

Maybe the provincial government needs to call an inquiry into the shenanigans by municipal leaders across the province. Toronto is rightly the centre of attention, but there are serious allegations against other city mayors like London, as well.

Selling hash in the 1980s? Yup, underwhelming, in and of itself. But, big picture, it looks like this family has been involved with drugs for like 30 years! At least! Yikes! We can't have train wrecks like that running our city.

After all of what has happened in the last 9 days at City Hall it does seem somewhat underwhelming but do not underestimate the significance of this piece and the damage(s) yet to unfold.

That the Fords have brought a former drug-dealing associate into the office makes this significant. That guy seems like such a thug in the magnets video. I also found interesting the sister's history with white supremacists. It has to hurt them given their tough on crime stances. Don't need the video, these guys are trapped and are going to spin out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back