1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.9K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this feeds into the conspiracy theories.

Sure...but if you believe in conspiracy theories, anything will feed them.

At this point, video or no, Ford has confirmed his guilt. There's no way he'd go into hiding if the video was fake.

MetroMan, any news from your sources about where the video has gone and what this means for Ford?

My main source is within Rob Ford's circle. They wouldn't don't know about the whereabouts of the video. What it means for Ford? I'm guessing but the pressure is going to start coming off the longer the seller isn't heard from. Ford will probably just address it in passing during his Sunday show making it seem like no big deal.

My main source is within Rob Ford's circle. They wouldn't don't know about the whereabouts of the video. What it means for Ford? I'm guessing but the pressure is going to start coming off the longer the seller isn't heard from. Ford will probably just address it in passing during his Sunday show making it seem like no big deal.

Well at least that means Ford didn't buy the video. That was my major concern. Now the question is where the heck did the owner go?

Or you know, he could have just dropped off the map once he learned of the crack starter, watching from a distance. If the money is raised, I would be very surprised if he doesn't show up for his 200k.

The Star's backup plan is that they're investigating a much bigger story. They're following leads that came from the video and that's what they wanted to break the story with, but Gawker got to it first.

What could possibly be bigger, dare I ask? Human trafficking?

Still, in the court of public opinion, all this teasing about the video and then no video appearing will look like a total fabrication and Ford will easily spin it as being a conspiracy to screw him.

Exactly. And it will cast doubt on any other story that follows.

I have a different take on it - people judge reactions and immediate behaviours more than the actual transgression, and he gave a pretty creepy performance the last few days. That's not something he can shake off easily.

Maybe among the converted, but that's just preaching to the choir. The video is necessary to shove in the faces of the people frothing at the mouth in the comment sections on the Sun's website and their ilk.

Well at least that means Ford didn't buy the video. That was my major concern. Now the question is where the heck did the owner go?

Not necessarily. That could still have happened, but with very few people knowing.

Ford could have bought the video and paid the seller to disappear. At this point, anything is possible

This is the most interesting and logical possibility, IMO.

This would explain why it took bro Doug so long to speak out. He felt confident in doing so because he knew the video would go away.

It also explains the sudden firing of the chief of staff who must have been urging the brothers to come clean.

Finally, who else would know how to reach the dealer?

Ford could have bought the video and paid the seller to disappear. At this point, anything is possible

It would be an even bigger deal if Ford actually paid the guy for the video - imagine the Mayor of Toronto donating $200K to the City's crack ring!! That would be an even larger story than the video, and there's no way in hell the video-maker wouldn't come forward to say so. The only way he/she would is if he/she were to be put in a garbage bag in the lake :(

That being said - it's FAR more likely that the video-maker is in hiding. Regardless, no doubt the police are making threats about what will happen to him/her, because by now there's no doubt the police have given rewards to those in the drug community to rat on the party that made the video. So now the police know who did it, and can easily threaten to make an arrest for any number of charges if the video should happen to come out.4

It would be an even bigger deal if Ford actually paid the guy for the video - imagine the Mayor of Toronto donating $200K to the City's crack ring!! That would be an even larger story than the video, and there's no way in hell the video-maker wouldn't come forward to say so. The only way he/she would is if he/she were to be put in a garbage bag in the lake :(

That being said - it's FAR more likely that the video-maker is in hiding. Regardless, no doubt the police are making threats about what will happen to him/her, because by now there's no doubt the police have given rewards to those in the drug community to rat on the party that made the video. So now the police know who did it, and can easily threaten to make an arrest for any number of charges if the video should happen to come out.4

Once the Mayor is out of office he will lose all his power over the police and the criminals wont need to hide anymore... So you hide till you get the 200k then you hide for another 6 months after and then you are free... sounds like a good deal for 200k....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back