61     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a shame, as luck seems to favor all the wrong people. However, he'll probably still find some way to mess up between now and the election next year.

Meanwhile, the Star and Gawker will need to find some way out of the mess whilst retaining their credibility. The Sun will probably do an about-face and rigorously come to Ford's defense while the Globe and National Post will try to distance themseves from this. All the meantime the Fords will be braying their innocence and declaring persecution from the rooftops of AM talk shows and CP24/CityNews/CTV interviews.

How long would you have waited?

Honestly don't know...but thinking about it I would probably have ridden out the long weekend and then given it one work.day......so when they gave their Tuesday night "$90k" update that would have made some sense.....but this is just all new territory but how would you feel if you had been the person who gave $10k this afternoon?

So the video maker goes missing and Ford suddenly starts opening up and denying the allegations. If that happens, it will look mighty suspicious. The uncertainty remains, but nothing ends up looking better for Ford than it does now.

I'd be feeling like I'm probably going to get my money back since the news significantly reduces the likelihood that the $200,000 will be reached.

It would be funny if the 200k was reached and the video supplied would show an obvious Ford imposter.

It would be funny if the 200k was reached and the video supplied would show an obvious Ford imposter.

Hilarious.

Take this with a large grain of salt, but a gentleman I know (who runs in these circles) claims that he knows someone close to the video seller. Apparently he's hiding, and if the money shows up, so will the video. I said that the money won't flow without possibility of the product, to which he said "the tape will just appear when the crackstarter gets right".

Drama much?

Hilarious.

Take this with a large grain of salt, but a gentleman I know (who runs in these circles) claims that he knows someone close to the video seller. Apparently he's hiding, and if the money shows up, so will the video. I said that the money won't flow without possibility of the product, to which he said "the tape will just appear when the crackstarter gets right".

Drama much?

Well, Gawker shot themselves in the foot in the last lap.

Interesting

Details for: Looking for Rob Ford look alike/imposter (Toronto)
Date posted: 18 January 2012

Do you look like Mayor Rob Ford? I need someone who looks like Rob Ford to play the mayor in my film. It's a short shot of the mayor smoking a cigar and chuckling into the camera - as part of a montage. It's a dark comedy set in Toronto. Please send a photo for consideration and more information.
Compensation: 20 bucks and good cigar for 21 minutes of your time

Yep it needs to average only 460ish dollars an hour now, and it is moving about that pace currently at 11 at night. When daytime comes it should pick up again.

Just broke 160,000 btw

Excluding the 10k donation today, it went up 20,000. We need to get around 13,500 a day from now on.. And it should pick up once it reaches the final 10,000 anyways.

Last edited:
Ford has just being thrown a lifeline, he can just deny it. The onus is now on Gawker or the Star to produce the video or this story will die down soon just like all the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back