920     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite enjoying the holiday that Mr. Tory is providing us from the days of bombast experienced under Ford.

They've really got nothing. Ford continues to grow more and more irrelevant. Ideally, the media should stop asking him about things and Tory should just ignore him. The Sun is probably wishing they hadn't boosted Ford so hard before, so now they're trying to spin a few quotes into a feud that they supposedly have the most info on.

While people still treat him like "The Official Opposition" we will never be rid of him, even if he transpires... as a councillor.

And in a way, the Sun would see it as a kind of insult to be lumped in with the media generally. They see themselves as plain-spoken iconoclastic truth-tellers to the common people, even though they are childish, vindictive and heavily invested in the status quo.

It's no coincidence Ezra Levant is trying to get something off the ground that is called 'The Rebel', since the Sun and SNN style themselves as rebelling against a system held in place by something they call 'the media party', which they proudly proclaim they are excluded from.

I dunno: I find the Sun kinda in-between on that count. Or at least whatever remains of the Doug Creighton-era joie de vivre.

*Canada Free Press*, though, comes closer to Rebel-style nutbar.

I know she lived near Yorkville. I'm near Jarvis and Bloor myself, and there's a woman I always see that I always thought was her. An older albino woman who dresses pseudo-hippie in all-white (or off-white), complete with Lennon-style sunglasses and a scowl on her face. I'm most likely wrong, however.…

You mean "the septugenerian Gaga", as I call her?

Somehow she seems too, well, "stylish" to be this kind of troll. Then again, I've never communicated with her, or known anyone to do so, which'd be the critical element in putting 1 + 1 together...

Auditor general's report says savings to city were overstated by nearly $100 million

From The Star, at this link:

A new report says Toronto's city manager claimed savings resulting from KPMG’s recommendations were around $110.5 million. The auditor general says they were closer to $16 million.

Wow, the city saved $16 million. $16 million divided out among the population of 2.79 million means $5.73 per person. For a family of four, that would be $22.92. I can buy a large pizza with three toppings, 2 dips, 10 chicken wings, and 4 cans of pop. Whoopee!!

another Monte and Rob meet and greet, this time in that land of magical free subways, Scarboro
B-QhoDcIgAAFKqU.png

Take a look at the second item up for bid in the Great Rob Ford Sellout and tell me he isn't doing during working hours with the help of his city-paid staff.

Screen shot 2015-02-20 at 9.26.57 AM.png

Oh, and don't miss the sneak preview of the third item just waiting in the background. I bet they spent a good solid afternoon doing this and have since been checking the bids as often as I used to refresh this thread.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-02-20 at 9.26.57 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-02-20 at 9.26.57 AM.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 730
I think Rob is probably off the booze. Between the campaign and the chemo, he wouldn't have had much time or taste for it. I'll bet he's smoking buckets of weed, though.

Ya, he could probably get a med pot licence due to his cancer, no? My buddy's mom had one for recovering from breast cancer treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back